Chapter 49: Forever Yours

Oh how badly the two of them wanted to embrace each other, and feel the other's warmth again. But unfortunately, there's a hindrance in between their close proximity, a glass shutting the both of them from each other's personal bubble.

"I don't know what to say. I-I remember you now, and master I-" Hearing that word again from his blessed lips, sent shivers down Chanyeol's heart, yesterdays hitting his subconscious like a heavy loaded train. Triggering his tear gland to sprout another stray liquid.

"You don't have to call me that anymore. I'm setting you free" Hearing those words from the demon, Baekhyun frowned, Then later smirked.

"What if I don't want to be freed? What would you do then Park?" The human challenged rather coyly, winking in the process. But much to his surprise, he was met by Chanyeol's tired eyes, a small smile gracing his dry pale lips. He was expecting a smirk not a small smile from those not so desirable anymore dried lips.

"I just wanted to see you Baek. That doesn't mean that we could be together again" Crack, the brunet's heart cracked at this, fresh wounds pouncing onto his scarred heart, fresh new wounds to break his once been broken heart. He can't take no more of this very familiar pain. A tantalizing blow to his emotions, a new era of the same old burden that burns his heart out.

"What?" He croaked out, throat drying up.

"Baekhyun, I'm sorry"

Sorry, the word that the brunet least wanted to hear from his lover.

"You're sorry? Ha! For what?" Baekhyun muttered, gaze down, fingers twitching.

"I'm sorry I cannot be with you anymore" Chanyeol voiced out, his eyes tearing up once more. What the demon expected was a speechless Baekhyun but he was taken aback when the brunet's venom laced reply came not long after he pronounced the last word of his hurtful sentence.

"What about the thing that you told me earlier?"

"Are you actually bullshitting me? You told me you love me right? Then what's with the I cannot be with you?" He inquired, tone slightly rising.

"Baekhyun yes I love you, to the moon and back even. But" The last word intrigued a pang in Baekhyun's heart, however, he anticipated still.

"You heard about this right?" With this, his anticipation was abruptly halted, letting out a frustrated groan, he aligned his gaze with Chanyeol's, questioning him.

"Heard about what?"

"That If we love a person, it doesn't mean that we should be with them always" the demon uttered, ending his sentence with a very sad smile grazing his lips.

"But I want to be with you! And I certainly disagree with this set-up that you have indicated for the both of us! It was unfair! You are here, suffering while longing for me while I am sitting pretty, on a swivel chair, watching insignificant employees work for me while longing for you! Don't you see the logic? You are burdening yourself! Stop being a saint and be the demon you once were!" He spatted out. Chanyeol was slightly taken aback, his efforts weren't seen by the love of his life.

"But I am clearly doing this for you Baekhyun" He sadly stated, heart wrenching, for he can feel the brunet's anger towards his martyr antics; and the least that he wanted from the lovely male was for him to be furious. At. Him

"Did I told you to do this for me? Chanyeol I never wanted any of those! I was contented with my life with you! All I ever need was you Chan! You!" Baekhyun cracked up, eyes bursting into tears, lower lip trembling.