Chapter 5: Boogie

I was so confused that night. When we went home, we barely even talked to each other except for the words: "I'm sorry" or "I didn't really mean to" or just silence. I admit I was disappointed and I wish I didn't kiss her back.

All I did was think about the kiss and Rachel's soft lips. When I took a bath, I thought about kissing her in the rain. I know kissing scenes in the rain are very romantic, just like in movies. I wondered what it would feel like. Then, I imagined her kissing me in the shower, both of us naked, doing things that lovers would do. I thought about taking her to the park. We could kiss under the tree. I would really want her to kiss me tenderly every time the sun sets. Different shades of orange would cover the place up then I would touch her beautiful hair and look at her hazel eyes. And if she smiles at me, I would kiss her softly.

Class starts and I cannot concentrate. I barely even notice this totally weird guy who sits next to me picking his nose.

"Why did she kiss me?" are the words stuck in my brain.

I keep staring at my desk, still thinking about that kiss and I noticed a tiny, slimy, disgusting, yellowish booger! My hazel eyes immediately widened and my mouth fell open. I bet this weirdo flicked it onto my desk.

What the heck?

I immediately search for something to wipe it off. And somehow, it looks like I'm panicking that someone might think the booger's mine.

"Ms. Farrell, is something bothering you?" Ms. Andrews asks me, somehow looking irritated.

I shake my head repeatedly.

"Are you texting? Are you watching porn in my class again?" she asks me and the whole class turns to me and stares.

"No! No, no, no, no, no," I say while shaking my head anxiously. I have never watched porn in my entire life, she must have confused me for somebody else.

"She's cumming!" someone yells and everyone laughs.

"Ew, I'm not!" I shout back.

"Okay, everyone, stop," Ms. Andrews says while walking towards me, "just give me your phone, Ms. Farrell," then she offers her hand.

"I wasn't even texting or watching porn, I was looking for something to wipe--- to w-w-wipe... uh, I was looking for some---"

Suddenly, Ms. Andrews knits her eyebrows, looking directly at the booger on my desk. "Ew, what's that?" Ms. Andrews cuts me off, "OMG, go get a Kleenex!"

"It's not mine! It's his!" I point the guy who flicked it onto my desk , but he denies it.

This is even worse than shaving an entire eyebrow!

After my first period class, I approach my locker to get some books. Then, I hear a drained voice from behind. "Why didn't you reply to me last night?" It was Rachel who comes up to me and looks really awful at the moment. Her luscious locks are now gone, it's seems that she hasn't taken a bath. Her eyes are really weary. She appears so pale and exhausted.

"Ha?"

Holy crap! I suddenly remember she was texting me last night about what happened, but I wasn't able to reply.

"Um. . . the-the," I stutter anxiously, "the truth is, I, uh, I. . . uh didn't know what to say to you." I pause and start talking really fast. "Actually, I was thinking about what I was gonna say to you last night, it's just that I slept and I totally forgot about it this morning. I was gonna reply to you but it was really late and I was exhausted and tired and I lie on my bed for a few minutes and the next thing I knew it was already morning."