Chp 7:

Tessa:

It was two in the morning and I couldn't sleep. It brought me back the long nights when Ava was a newborn and she would cry nonstop. Keeping us up until early morning hours.

I sit in my bed and look out the window. I had forgotten to close the blinds as I see the stars in the pitch black sky. I loved the change in scenery from the city to the suburbs. I climb out of bed softly and head downstairs to the kitchen as I grab myself a snack and sit on the couch as I scroll through my phone.

Though I'm startled when a tall figure comes down the steps and walks up to me. "You scared the shit out of me!" I playfully say in a hushed tone as he laughs softly and sits down next to me. "What are you doing up?" He asks. "I cant' sleep. I decided to get a snack." I say as I watch as he grabs a handful of Doritos from the bag.

"So when do we leave for this trip again?" I ask, "This coming Friday." 

 "Are you for real? I have to reschedule all my meetings and cancel at least two appointments."

"I'm sure they'll understand." He says as he rubs my thigh. "Yeah hopefully so...again thank you for telling me everything." I remark to him. "You're welcome. I would've told you regardless. So, do you think that maybe you want to join me upstairs?" He asks changing the topic, a wicked grin on his face as he stands up. I had noticed he had been eyeing me the entire time. 

I let out a slight laugh as he extends his hands for me and helps me up.

"That depends. What do I get in return for it?" I smirk at the devilish grin that's plastered across his face.

"Well, why don't you come with me and you can find out

"Well, why don't you come with me and you can find out."