Chp 4:

Elias:

"Yeah yeah, I'm on my way." I roll my eyes as I end my call with my brother and walk into a coffee shop in downtown Manhattan.

I decided to meet up with Nick because he offered to buy me breakfast and coffee and who's to turn down free breakfast and coffee?

He's sitting at a booth in the cafe and I go sit down across from him. "Was it really necessary to drag me out of bed at this time of day?" I ask as I remove my sunglasses and look at my brother.

"It's two thirty in the afternoon." He says.

"Yeah and?"

Nick rolls his eyes and I look to my left as a waitress approaches us. "What can I get you gentlemen?" She asks.

"I'll have a latte." Nick says to her and she writes it down. "Do you guys sell anything with alcohol in it?" I ask.

"Uh, no sir. We're a coffee shop..." Nick rubs his hand over his face. "Right. Right. My bad. I'll have a caramel macchiato and a cinnamon scone."

She takes my order and walks away. "I thought you were working from home today?" I say.

Nick shakes his head. "No, I needed to come into the city and I needed to talk with you about something serious."

Well fuck.

He never had light news. "What did I do this time?" I ask.

"You didn't do anything. That I know of." He trails off.

I run my hands through my hair and mess with it then lean back in my seat and look at my brother.

"What is it?"

Nick inhales then exhales and then looks to his right. A girl approaches our table and she gives me a slight smile.

I crease my brows and look from the girl to my brother

I crease my brows and look from the girl to my brother. "What is going on?", "Hi Eli." She says. I look back at her surprised that she knows my name. "How do yo-"

"My name is Katia."

Nick gives me a nod and she takes a seat next to Nick on his side of the booth.

"What is this?" I ask again. "Eli, I don't know how to tell you this and it wasn't easy telling Nick this either...but...I'm your sister." She says.

My eyes widen and I stare blankly at the two of them. "Excuse me?"

I look over at my brother. His expression doesn't change. "You just said sister..." I say to her and she nods.

"Correct. We have the same dad." She says.

"Is this some kind of fucking joke?" I ask. Nick shakes his head.