Chp 18:

Nick:

When we touch down back in NYC, we all go our separate ways. Tess and I head back to the suburbs and Elias and my mother head back to the city.

I hadn't realized just how happy I was to be back home until I heard the beeping noise coming from our security system to alert us as we walk in through our garage door and into our home.

I set down our luggage and Tess sets down Ava.
Ava instantly takes off running for her playroom and I flick on the lights.

"You want me to order the sushi now or wait a little?" Tessa asks as she grabs a bottle of Fiji water from the fridge and rests into a bar stool.

I felt a shred of guilt as I look at my wife. I had been so damn consumed with the chaos that I hadn't even prioritized what was important.

Her light brown gets softly brushed over her shoulder and she scrolls through her phone, biting her lip softly which was just second nature for her.

I smile and lean against the wall in our kitchen. Her eyes look up to meet mine and I walk towards her-my lips lock with hers and I run my hand through her hair pulling it softly as she bites my lip and I smirk.

"Hmm someone's eager." She says in a hushed tone and I laugh.

"More than a little I'd say." To be totally honest, if it were just she and I in the house then I would've ripped her clothes off right there and fucked her on the counter but that would have to wait.

"Gosh I missed this side of you." She teases and I take a sip of the drink she had gotten out for herself.

"I know;but he's still here. I'm still here." She nods and before I can say anything more the sound of the garage door opens and in walks Kirsten.

"Oh...yikes my bad was I interrupting something?" She asks, following her comment up with a look of disgust.

I couldn't roll my eyes harder. "Oh please as if we haven't walked in on you before." Tess remarks and I snicker.

Kirsten places her phone and purse down on the counter before grabbing her suitcase and wheeling it to her room that she had here.

"I'll be right back."

She exists and it's not long before I see her phone start to light up with text messages.

Tessa being the nosey woman that she is-looks over and checks Kirsten's phone.

"What are you doing?" I ask, snapping at her with disappointment in my voice. "She's been acting super strange ever since we've been in L.A. I'm just checking to make sure she's not on drugs or something."

I let out a loud sigh as I watch my wife grab the phone and her face goes pale.

"Babe....what's wrong?" I ask.

She looks like she's seen a ghost or something she wasn't supposed to see. "Tess...what's wrong?"

"It's Eli...."

My brow furrows and I look at her questionably.

"What do you mean?"

"Eli texted her....look what he texted her." She just extends the phone out to me to read, not bothering to say it.

Her facial expression is full of shock and when I read the message I end up understanding why.

It reads, 'Kirst...I don't know what to fucking do. I feel like I need to tell her that I slept with you...but I can't get myself to do it.'

I find myself incapable of forming any sentences. All I can do is look at Tess in shock and lean against our kitchen counter.

What the hell were they thinking?