Chapter 6: Numbers

Chapter 6: Numbers

"What do you want for your birthday princess?" It was her...the prettiest woman I've known my entire life. And she asked me with that pretty smile on her face.

"I want to go outside mom!" I know it's hard for her to decide because of my request but still...

"It's dangerous outside, princess." I made a frown with what she just said

"But that's the only thing I want for my birthday!" I complained and she heaved a deep sigh.

That's right. Back then all I wanted was to go out. I was locked up in walls ever since I was born. I was never allowed to step outside. Not even once.

"Okay princess, don't frown like that. We're going out ok? Mom promise to take you out. So smile now princess. Let me see my baby's beautiful smile." and I did what I was told. I gave her that smile she wants to see.

I was too excited back then and I didn't know that I just made the biggest mistake of my entire life. I should never have asked that from mom. We should never have gone outside...and maybe just maybe she might still be alive right now.

"Miss Park?" And there, I was back into reality. Natauhan nako mula sa pagbabalik tanaw.

"Uhm sorry, is it my turn now?"

"Yes, Ms. Park. It's your turn now to say something about your parents." Ms. Farron— the Ethics class teacher said.

"My mother died when I was too young to remember and my father? I don't know him. So I don't really know what I'm supposed to say about them."

Half of it was lie and the other half was true. I have no plans to tell them about my family not even a little so I chose to shut my mouth.

Tss, bagsak na kung babagsak sa activity na to. It's not like I'm up for this stupid sharing activity. Why the heck am I even in this class? Ethics is definitely out of my league. Ngayon tuloy nagsisisi nako na hindi ko binasa ng mabuti ang listahan ng available classes. Nagmini maini mo lang kasi ako sa pagpili eh tsk.

"Oh I'm so sorry to hear that Ms. Park. Then who's standing as your guardian right now? Can you at least describe him or her?" she asked and my face became grim.

Bakit ba ang dami niyang tanong? Tss.

"None. I'm living by myself now. Should I describe myself then? " I let out a bored look and she sighed in defeat.

"Very well then Ms. Park, you may take your seat now. In normal circumstances you should have fail this activity but...due to your honesty in admitting your personal issues I'll give you a passing grade. Class dismiss."

Finally, this stupid class has ended!

"Ella?" Jervis called and I turned to him raising my brow.

"What?"

"You ok?" worry enveloped his face and all I could do was to sigh in return.

he was the one who asked me but I can clearly see that everyone wants to ask the same question to me. They were all looking to us —no let me rephrase that, they are all looking to me.

"I'm fine, I don't need your pity, Jervis."

This is the very reason why I hate sharing. See that? I just stated a simple thing about my family and everyone's looking at me like I'm such a frail and lonely girl.

I don't even need their pity tsk.

"I don't mean it that way, Ella" he sighed as he defended his self over.