Chapter 9

"Hello Danny."

It slipped off her tongue like venom. I looked around for anyone in my band or crew and saw nobody. Nobody who could help me or Sarabeth. Naomi just smirked at me. She was my biggest regret. She was my toughest heartbreak. She caused so many bad days. She was needy and high maintenance and an A-level bitch.

Her lips were an addictive drug to mask her fangs that would cause your whole damn world to shatter.

I stared at her with disgust, I couldn't put my foot on why she was here. Maybe she was fucking up some other unfortunate souls life, poor lad.

She had a revolting smile plastered onto her face. Causing me to want to gag or smash her head against the table.

"Fuck off you disgusting pig,"I finally said walking backwards toward Sarabeth.

"I missed you too Danny,"

"Why are you even here?"

"What? Can't an old friend stop and say hello?"

"Not when it's you."

"Oh please Daniel."

I clenched my fist which Sarabeth put her hand on top of it.

"Oh!" Naomi exclaimed while hitting her hands together. "Is this your new playmate?"

I could feel Sarabeth tense up behind me.

"Funny. You usually go for more prettier ones."

"Yet I guess he broke that tradition when he went for you," Sarabeth spat. This caused Naomi to shut up. I smirked.

"Danny will you please move."

"I'm sorry, that's a negative ghost rider."

She rolled her eyes then gave Sarabeth a death glare.

I saw James staring at us and for the first time, I was glad to see that fucker.

"Crawl out of gutter Naomi?" He sassed. She rolled her eyes then flipped him off. "Fuck off."

"Why don't you take your own advise, nobody wants you here." He stood in front of me so I turned around and faced Sarabeth who was staring at the shirts. She looked like she was about to cry. "Hey," I whispered.

She stayed silent which scared me. I held both of he hands and kissed one causing Naomi to scoff.

"Wow. How sweet." She bitched as she observed.

I was becoming nauseous as she continued to speak. I was finally happy, she chose to ruin it. I gave an apologetic smile as we stayed quiet then Sarabeth jumped over the table and stood on her tip toes and kissed me hard. I smirked as I realized what she was doing. I kissed her back and it soon turned into be a make out session.

I heard Naomi scoff once again which caused us to look at her.

"That is revolting," she mumbled.

"Did you finally smell your stench?" James question causing me to laugh. Naomi flipped me off and walked away. "I'll be seeing you later Dan."

"See you in hell bitch!" I called after her.

Cameron and Jacklyn strolled past her and Cameron looked at her and wrinkled his nose. "The fuck was she doing here?"

"Wanted to say 'hello' I guess."

"Cunt."

I nodded.

"Who the hell is she?" Jacklyne and Sarabeth asked at the same time.

"She's just an ex babe."

She nodded and looked down in an anxious way. I felt sick. She was hurting and I wasn't sure what I could do to fix it.

"Well, Dan and Jamie, we have to go do our set." Cam said.

"But--"

"I'll stay with her, we need to catch up anyways," Jacklyne said. I smiled and pecked Sarabeth and realized Cam mimicked my action with Jacklyne. "Nice lipstick Danny,"

I glanced down at an embarrassed girlfriend and chuckled. "Thanks,"

"Ew romance." James groaned as he began to walk away. Cam and I laughed as we began to walk toward main stage.

--

I laid in the back lounge away everyone. I was feeling like shit and felt how I used to feel. I felt like I just wanted to be away from everyone for a little while. I wanted to isolate myself. I don't know where this feeling came from. Maybe it was from seeing Naomi or something else. I don't really fucking know

I laid there in silence. I heard whispering come from the other side of the door. I rolled my eyes then closed them. I heard a knock on the door and I looked up annoyed and saw Sarabeth. My eyes softened a little bit, yet she looked timid.

"I-- um.. I brought you water."

She sat it by the table and gave me a very fake smile. She turned around and was about to walk away. I found my voice and whispered "Sara."

She turned around with a tear rolling down her cheek. I caused that. Just because I was being a moody bitch.

I sat up then opened my arms. "Come here."

She looked hesitant yet came over. I quickly wiped to tears that fall. She hugged me and rubbed my back as I put my head on her left shoulder. I felt like a little boy who needed his mother. I felt so bad. As the guy, I should be protecting her, yet she's the one protecting me.

"Here.." She said pulling away slightly. She sat on the other side of me and patted her lap. I was reluctant yet I laid my head there. She began to rub the area in between my eyes lightly with her thumb. She then began to quietly sing.

"Oh Danny boy, the pipes the pipes are calling, from glen to glen, and down the mountain side, the summers gone, and all the flowers are falling, tis you tis you; must go and I must bide.

But come ye back, when summers in the meadow, or when the valleys hushed and white with snow, tis I'll be here, in summer or in shadow, oh Danny boy, oh Danny boy I love you so."

I looked up at her and the feeling of wanting to be alone went away. I sat up then gave her a light peck.

"What song was that?"

"It was this song that this lady wrote when her husband went off to World War Two."

"Oh,"

"Yeah. I Learned it in Chorus Junior year. When I heard Ben say 'Danny boy,' that was the first thing I thought of. That song. "

I couldn't help but smile then wrap my arms around her. She fell into my hug and I kissed the top of her head. "I'm so sorry,"

"About what."

"Everything that happened today."

"Meh. I've dealt with people like Naomi."

"You haven't dealt with people like me though."

"Well, new experiences won't kill anyone."

I smiled. The phrase 'I love you' came into my mind. I rarely told girls that but I wanted to tell her. I wanted to over a nice stake but now seamed like the appropriate time. "Sara,"

"Dan,"

"I love you." At first she looked at me in shock then an absolutely beautiful smile filled her face.

"I love you too Danny."

I smiled then kissed her head. The feelings I had for her I had were undeniable. Some days, I thought about, how she was the one. I never thought of that or marriage in general. I didn't think it with Naomi or any of my ex's. When I see my future, I see it with her. I realize how sappy it is, yet she was my non-drug related way of being high.

I kissed her, right as the bus jolted forward to our next destination.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Little bit of foreshadow here. c:

Hehe

QOTD: What is the perfect date in your opinion? This is important, please answer.