Chapter 12

"She's going to kill you," warned Lydia.

I smirked while holding the phone to my ear. I was planing a small party for Sarabeth. I asked Lyd if she would hang out with her for the morning then drive her to my house around noon.

"I know," I replied.

"Fine, see you tomorrow Dan."

"Sounds fabulous," I replied in a very flamboyant way.

"Jesus Christ."

I laughed then we said our farewells. I stretched while sighing. I was anxious that tomorrow would go bad. I was anxious that she would be pissed and break up with me. I knew she wouldn't though. At least I hoped not.

I stared down at a framed picture of us and smiled. In the photo, Sarabeth was on my back and kissing my cheek as I was laughing with my hands on her knees. Adam Elmakis took the photo. God bless that man.

--

"When will they be here? I want to eat the fucking pizza!" Ben complained for the millionth time.

"Text Lydia if you're fucking wondering." I retorted back.

"Guys. Shhh, they're here." Jacklyne whispered.

"About fucking time," Ben said under his breath.

"Hide you twats!" Oli whisper shouted. I laughed then heard a knock on the door.

Everyone basically dived into hiding places. I snorted then opened the door. I smiled as I saw Lydia smiling wide and Sarabeth giving me a pissed off face.

I blew her a kiss then walked back to the couch.

"Obviously you're not romantic today," Sarabeth mumbled.

Lydia snorted, "just go sit by him, he is tired."

She rolled her eyes then walked into the house!

"SURPRISE!" Everyone shouted. Sarabeth fell on her ass and stared at everyone with confusion. I chuckled.

"LYDIA!!" Sarabeth shouted turning around to her cousin.

"Wasn't me who planned it." Lyd pointed her finger at me. Sara turned around and glared at me. I smiled and waved. She scoffed then stood up.

"You're lucky you're cute," she said before kissing me. I smiled in the kiss and enjoyed the moment. The moment that, of course, was ruined.

"Ok, ok cute cute cute, can we now give me fucking pizza already?!" Ben said obviously annoyed.

"I don't know," I said pulling Sara onto my lap, "should we give him fucking pizza babe?"

"Hmmm," she said pondering. We heard a stomach growl and turned our attention to James and Cameron who were biting their lip trying not to laugh.

"God dammit James, shut up," said Jacklyne who was turning red by the moment.

Sarabeth laughed while nodding. "Go get fucking pizza."

Everyone whooped and got their slices.

Well, everyone but Sara and I. I pecked her lips causing her to giggled. She playfully hit my chest. "Danny."

"Yes love?"

"Why did you do this?"

"I wanted you to have a good birthday."

"It would've been a good birthday if we were I'm sweats and eating Ramen noodles--"

"--while watching stupid slasher movies."