Chapter no.20

"You have to temper the chocolate first." I took the mould tray from his hands. I had finally found something Angelo wasn't good at. And it was desserts.
"Temper it?" The look on his face made me burst out laughing.

He frowned cutely before laughing with me.
"Yes! Give me the freeze-dried coco powder."
"What is it for?" He asked somewhat interested.
"I told you Angelo. When we mix this powder into our real chocolate it can set easily at room temperature."

I mixed the chocolate with the power and poured it into the moulds again.
"How do you do it so easily?"
"My dad used to teach me......" I said shakily not keen on talking about him. If he didn't care to find me then why would I care too? Maybe he was looking for me. But I couldn't just live on false hope.

"Celine!"
"Mm?" I hummed absent-mindedly.
"Would you mind if I take you somewhere?" I looked into the dark eyes of my husband and thought. If only I could escape my fate.
"Don't worry love. I'll keep you safe."
"I know." I admitted quietly.

Despite the fact that he had held me captive for the past few months, I knew he was the only one who would go to cross limits to save me. The thought made my heart do a small flip.
"I'm glad you know that my love........now let's clean this up and then we can go."
"Okay. But first let me check on the cake. It's almost done."
He smiled kissing my forehead in his usual sweet manner. I turned towards the fridge to take a look at the fondant covered cake, me and Angelo had made.

Checking in on the cake, I then helped Angelo clean the kitchen before skipping upstairs to take a shower. Dressing in a simple white tank top with my jeans and a grey cotton off the shoulder sweater, I made my way out of the closet and tied my hair in a ponytail. Angelo stood by the window looking out of it.
"Where are we going?" I asked.
"To the cemetery." He said placing a kiss on my hand which he took in his as soon as I neared him.
"Why?"
"You visit your mother's grave every year love don't you?"
"Yes."
"Then why would this year be any different?"

He left me speechless. He was actually taking me to the graveyard?
"Thank you." I said finally. "No need my love. Just know that I love you. And I will always be there for you." I smiled at him and he pulled me out of the room. My stomach fluttered with nervousness. If mom was watching us, what would she think of Angelo? Would she like him? I couldn't help but think what would it be like if she were alive?

He opened the door of a black SUV and I slid in. He followed inside next to me. So he wasn't going to drive.

The driver opened the door and seated himself. As the car began to move, I looked outside to see the early afternoon sun for the first time in a long while, I felt free.
I jumped suddenly in my seat, feeling hands on my waist. I watched as Angelo pulled me into his lap.

Now that I noticed, he looked dropdead-gorgeous in his casual clothing. The tinted privacy window separated the both of us from the driver.
"A-Angelo! I.........we......does he know where to take us?" Wow. Score Celine for such a dumb question.

"He knows exactly where to take us love." He smiled at me. His arms pulled me closer and my breath hitched. Why did he have to be so close to me? And why did my body react as much as my heart did?
"I-I........thank you." I mentally face-palmed myself.
"Il piacere è tutto mio." -The pleasure is all mine. He whispered.
My hands unconsciously clenched at the collar of his jacket.
"La mia bella Celine." -My beautiful Celine.

If I could faint from blushing, I would right now. Why did his words have to lure me in so effectively? His fingers grazed along my face, memorizing every contour as it went.
"You are my life, I couldn't live without you." His words struck cords in me that produced an unrecognized sound. A sound that melted my heart.

".......all this time.......I have been selfish Celine." I barely stopped myself from moaning at the sound of his silky voice wrapping my name in a soft embrace.
"Selfish?" I didn't know why I was whispering but he could hear me just fine with his face only inches from mine.
"This outside sun......I saw how much you missed it once you stepped outside and I......locked you up from the freedom you had." His fist clenched as it rested on my waist.
"Sono una bestia." -I'm a beast.

Before I knew what I was doing, I closed the space between us and pressed my lips to his. He seemed taken aback by my sudden probably unexpected approach as he instantly stilled. My hands made their way from his chest to his face and into his hair. Raking my fingers through them made warmth gather in my chest.

Only seconds later, he responded, moving me closer so I was pressed against his hard muscular torso.
That action alone knocked the air out of me. He was breathtaking after all.

And he was mine.

•■◇¤♡¤◇■•