Chapter no.19

I always used to think, as a child that every day of my life would be the same. I never really thought about the changes it would go through. I never thought how drastic those changes might be. I never thought these changes would make me a completely different person. Childhood is the one phase in your life when you're lucky enough to be oblivious. Lucky enough to be innocent and not have a care in the world. Lucky enough to believe that all the promises made to you would be kept. I was lucky enough once. And I missed it.

And now, finding myself deserted in the world of unknown, I felt it. The need to live my childhood again. But I knew it wasn't possible. I knew I couldn't go back.
I couldn't go back to sit on the couch watching tv while my dad called me from the kitchen. I would never hear his voice again. I had lost him. Not like my mom thought. She was dead. But he was alive yet not here for me. How could he just sit out there and not care about me when I was desperate to have freedom again? I was desperate to catch a glimpse of the outside world, something that I hadn't done for the past seven months now.

My eyes fell to the phone on the bedside table, as it rang. It was Angelo's and he was in the shower.
"Angelo! Your phone's ringing." I yelled out to him. I knew he could hear me through the sound of running water.
"Pick it up love. I'll be right there." I reached out my hand to pick it up but it stopped ringing.
My eyes swept casually across the screen and stayed glued to it as I read the date and time.

April 9th.
11:59pm.

Closing my eyes, I sighed before putting his phone away and cursed myself for looking at the date. Before I knew, tears started to prick my eyes and I stifled a sob as Angelo exited the shower in just his towel wrapped loosely around his waist.

He walked into the closet and shut the door to change. I wiped away the profuse tears from my eyes when fresh ones poured from them. Why did I have to look at the date? It was just one minute away, my mom's death anniversary. I hadn't known her but I loved her nonetheless. I visited her grave every year on this day but this time I knew it wouldn't be possible.

I didn't realise that I had started to sob softly with tears streaming down my cheeks. Before I could compose myself and pretend as if nothing had happened, Angelo opened the door to the room and stepped out of his closet.

His dark misty eyes met my teary red and puffy ones and he rushed to my side with a look of concern etched on his comely face. "Is everything alright darling?"
I wiped my tears away and smiled weakly.
"Yes!.....umm! Your phone stopped ringing before I could pick it up, here." I handed it to him. He took it and put it aside.
"What's wrong? Tell me."
"Nothing."

"Tu intendi il mondo a me Celine. Non posso vederti piangere."-You mean the world to me Celine. I can not see you crying.
I looked up at him with tearful eyes.
"It's........my mom's death anniversary today......"

"And your birthday." He said. I looked to the wall clock as it chimed striking midnight. I turned to look at him and he kissed my forehead ever so gently.
"Happy Birthday my beautiful love." Despite the tears and sadness, my cheeks turned pink as I looked away shyly.

"H-how do you know?"
"I have married you sweetheart. Wouldn't you expect me to know that much about my wife?"
"Oh!"
"You must be tired love."
"I don't think I can sleep tonight." I confessed.
His heart-throbbing face lit up with a smile.
"Okay then." I watched in confusion, not realising what he meant until he laid down in bed with his head in my lap.

I watched in awe his striking features and observed him closely without getting caught in the act as he closed his eyes and took a deep breath. His head in my lap made butterflies flutter in my stomach. My heartbeat quickened. In that moment, he was just Angelo, the beautiful stranger who had walked into my life just months ago. I didn't know who he was and honestly, I couldn't have cared less.

I hadn't realised when my fingers had woven themselves into his luscious generous silk hair, raking through them gently but as soon as I saw it, I tried to withdraw my hand but he grabbed it.
"perfavore continua."-Please continue. His feathery light voice sent shivers up my spine.

I hesitantly continued to rake my fingers through his locks as he sighed deeply. A smile grazed his lips as he opened his eyes to look up at me. "Che si sente bene."-That feels good. I had no idea why but a smile escaped my lips too. "Why do you speak Italian so much?"

He seemed to pull it off so well. The accent and the fluency in Italian.
"My father was Italian. My mother was British but she learnt to speak Italian for my father. And if the language was so important to her than it is the same for me."
"Oh."
"I have something to show you. Come on." He sat up and pulled me along with him to the window. I gasped in surprise as his arms went around to embrace me.

"Guarda il cielo la mia cara moglie e vedi come si illumina. Questo è esattamente come si illumina il mio mondo. Buon compleanno, tesoro."
(Look at the sky my dear wife and see how it glows. This is exactly how you brighten my world. Happy Birthday sweetheart.)

My eyes went wide as I turned only in time to watch several fireworks shoot into the sky, each with a different colour. His arms around me tightened and I could feel his breath on my neck.
"I love you......Mrs Celine Ean Pasquale."
My breath hitched in my throat and I shivered in pure bliss. This was all too much to handle.

I turned in his embrace to place my hands on his chest.
"Thank you."
"Uh-uh!" He said shaking his head softly. He pulled me closer so now my arms were wrapped loosely around his broad shoulders. I gasped softly as his lips touched the side of my face.
I could have stopped him but for once I didn't. I didn't know what it was that I felt for him. But it made my heart race.

Trailing kisses from my jawline to my lips, he devoured me with gentle obsession that overwhelmed me. My fingers dug into his biceps as I struggled to stay upright. His kisses were soft, just a gentle fondle against my lips but the intensity was there. Just like it had been the first time.

Leaving my lips swollen, he kissed my forehead. I shied away from his desirous gaze on me but before I had the chance to walk away from him, he grasped at my wrist and jerked me gently with now my back hitting his chest.
"Ora che è qualcosa, mi piacerebbe fare di nuovo."-Now that is something, I would love to do again.

I blushed furiously at his words.
"A-Angelo!"
"Mmm!" His breath so close to my neck tickled me.
"P-please......just let me......" I trailed off as soon as his lips ghosted over my neck, raising goosebumps.
"You were saying love?" I could hear a hint of humour in his husky voice.

For minutes I stayed silent, as he just held me in his comforting embrace and I watched the fireworks.
"It's beautiful." I whispered after a while.
"You liked it?"
I turned to smile at him.
"I loved it."
"You might as well sleep mia regina." -my queen.

I blushed again. Angelo and his words.
"I have to take you somewhere when you wake up."
"Where?"
"You'll see my love."
"I'm not sleepy. All I do is sleep and eat and read books." I whined.
"Hmm!.........come on then."
"What? Where?"
"To the kitchen of course. I've heard you love to bake."

Excitement shot through me and I followed him to the kitchen eagerly. I loved baking. Decorating and making all sorts of foods and desserts.
"You are going to make your own birthday cake and teach me too."
An uncontrolled smile broke onto my face and I set on with the task.

•¤☆《♡》☆¤•