Chapter no.6

.....
Celine.....no....

I barged out of the car, almost pulling the door off its hinges.
Opening the door hastily with the extra key Celine always hid under the porch flower pot, I ran upstairs hearing cries of pain.

I slammed open her room door watching her sprawled on the ground in blood.
.....

Fading in and out of consciousness, I tried to pry open my eyes but it was getting harder to keep myself awake with the stinging pain in my head and the pain in the side of my abdomen. My mouth was slightly parted trying to take in as much air as it could. But it was getting harder to keep up with the lack of oxygen in my lungs.

Through my blury vision, I could see the ceiling of my room.

I don't want to die......

After what felt like an eternity, I realized, cries of pain were escaping my quivering lips.

My hopes were a waste of time. I knew that. No one was there to save me. And I had absolutely not a bit of strength left to scream out for help.

Suddenly, his face flashed before my eyes. He was right there in the car before.....

Angelo.....

It felt like a life time ago when I was watching him sleep.

I didn't know why was I calling for him. But I was. This tiny bit of hope ignited in my heart that he might come if I called. After all, he had promised that I would see him again.

My lips moved on their own.
"Angelo!....." I groaned in pain and desperation.
Not loud enough. He wouldn't be able to hear me from his car.

I fought to keep my eyes open but they got heavier with each passing second and as I began to delve into darkness strong arms craddled me gently.
"A-Ange-l-o!......"

" io sono qui per te."-I'm here for you.
His gentle whisper in my ear made me smile despite the pain.

My eyes closed on their own accord now. But I was content that I would be safe because he was here for me.

♢♢♢

I watched her fragile body in my arms and my heart that only belonged to her, broke into a million pieces.
"A-Ange-l-o!......" her voice cracked but that mere whisper meant everything. She knew I was here.

She winced in pain as I craddled her in the shield of my arms but smiled softly as her eyes drooped. My arms and the front of my shirt drenched in her precious blood and it brought me back to the scenario I was in.

I took a look at the broken window and the shattered glass on the floor and then out of the window and across the street on the roof of the apartment that was opposite to Celine's.

My eyes narrowed.

No wonder they'd keep an eye on her after that night. That apartment across from her's had been unoccupied for months. Now I could see a faint glow of light through dark curtains.

I carried her out of her room and down the stairs. Once inside the car, I wrapped my arms around her putting her gently in the backseat. Rushing back upstairs I grabbed the first piece of clothing I could find.

"Deliah! I want you to come here.....look around Celine's room. Pick out a suitcase and pack clothes and other important things she might need and bring everything back to the mansion." I ordered my personal assistant dialling her number quickly reversing the car out of the lot. My eyes travelling to the backseat occasionally to Celine. She had fainted.

I needed to stop her bleeding first. Halting the car on that thought, I took the cloth and wrapped it tightly around her wounded head.

Hitting the race hard, I sped towards the nearest hospital.

I would never be able to forgive myself if I lost her. No! I had to stop thinking like that. She was going to be fine. She trusted in me to keep her safe, I wasn't going to let that trust break.

○•○•○•○•○•○

A short chapter. Sorry for that. But wait patiently for what's yet to come.
So how do you think Celine will react? Finding herself at Angelo's mansion when she wakes up?

Or will she even wake up? *evil smile*

Suggestions and pointing out mistakes is always encouraged on my behalf. Read, vote and stay blessed.

Ashley♡

*******