Chapter no.11

A late Merry Christmas to all my readers!
Here's a new update for you. Enjoy.

*******

To say I was confused was an understatement. I was clueless. I didn't know where I was and how had I gotten here. Why was Angelo here with me? I vaguely remember the details of last night when I sat beside my window in my room and I had seen Angelo's car in the parking lot. And then the sound of a gunshot and then......nothing.

I remembered nothing after that. It was beyond frustrating. Did I get hurt? I remember being in pain before everything went dark. Yes. That might be the case. But where was I? I was currently tucked in bed in a highly spacious room. This place screamed the word -rich. Filthy rich.

I tried to talk to Avril but she wouldn't tell me a thing. This morning, I had woken up to find myself in bed with these weird hospital equipment attached to me while Angelo stood in front of my bed watching me.....in shock? And then Avril had come out of nowhere and hugged me saying I was back.

Back? From where?

What happened?

I closed my eyes and shook my head. I had a feeling something had gone wrong when I was out. But what exactly was it?

Just as I was still dwelling on my thoughts, I heard a slight knock on the door and a kind-looking middle aged woman walked in. "Good evening! Mrs Pasquale! We have your supper." The woman said and gestured to someone behind her. Just then another maid rolled in a trolley.

"E-excuse me?"
"Yes my lady?" The woman said.
"What did you just call me?" I asked cautiously. Instantly the woman's expression turned from a polite smile to plain shock. Even fear.

"Oh-umm......My name is Islene my lady. You can call me when you need anything." And with that she turned on her heels and shut the door leaving me alone stunned.

I sat there staring at the trolley. Mrs Pasquale? I haven't heard this surname ever before. How could I-Mrs?

Another knock on the door distracted me.
And in walked Angelo. I immediately looked down at my hands in my lap. He somehow made me feel nervous. Really really nervous.

And his looks didn't help either. His all black outfit complemented his smooth skin. His eyes were dark and did more than just seeing things. Long eyelashes framed them. Sharp jawline and cherry lips.

He looked even taller than he actually was. Maybe it was just the nerves speaking. I could see how well-built he was. He had a muscular frame and large hands that could fit into mine perfectly. Wait.

What the hell am I thinking?

I shook my head and looked up again to see his scruitinizing gaze on me. It made my heart jump.

"What's wrong with me?" I asked finally able to find my voice to speak.
He frowned.
"Nothing's wrong with you tésoro. What do you mean?" The nickname he had given me made my breath hitch every time.

I took a few deep breaths trying to conceive my thoughts that were scattering apart just due to his intense gaze. I fidled with my hands.
"I-.......I can't remember anything. Why am I here?" I asked timidly.

He let out a sigh then and finally moved his long legs as he walked to the edge of my bed and sat down. Next to me.

His eyes locked on mine once again and I looked away instantly.
"Look at me." His voice was firm but so gentle.

"Why am I here?" I asked again this time looking into his dark eyes. Something about his eyes made me squirm. I was uncomfortable with him giving me so much attention.

"You were shot....." he said.
"That night when you were outside my house-" he cut me off.
"Yes.....that same night. That night which passed six months ago." He paused. I could see he was guaging my reaction. But I couldn't react. I was too stunned to do anything.

"You went into coma for six months after you got shot that night. I was outside your apartment as you are aware and you were badly injured. And I took you to the hospital."
I kept staring at the window with my mouth slightly open. Not moving an inch.

"You have to eat." He put a spoon to my mouth. I looked down to see it loaded with cereal.
I shook my head.
"N-no."
"You have to. You need your strength." He said.

I backed away and turned my face away from him.
"Celine!" His tone was firm now.
I remained silent.....six months?

I heard a sigh.

Then silence.
Did he leave?

I turned around to find him inches away from me. My heart plundered into my throat.
"Angelo put me down!" I squealed as he suddenly lifted me into his arms. Carrying me to the edge of the bed he sat me in front of the trolley and put an arm around my waist so I wouldn't be able to leave.

"Eat." His voice held order. And I surrendered. Because I also heard how my stomach growled embarassingly. I chewed on the cereal he had offered to me before, still trapped in his arms.

He watched me closely as I drank the glass of orange juice to its last drop and munched on the cereal till it was finished. I could tell he kept watching me till I was finished. I had to avoid his gaze.

I froze suddenly midway as I was trying to grab a napkin to wipe my face, when his thumb skimmed across my lower lip wiping off the milk from my cereal. And I watched in awe as he brought his thumb to his mouth and sucked it clean.

I averted my gaze feeling the warmth rise in my cheeks. "I have something to give you." He said.

I looked at him again.
"What is it?" He smiled. And I must say what a gorgeous smile it was. And it looked so genuine. His dark eyes held my gaze in a spell.

I saw as he took out a box from his pants pocket and let me look at it placed in his palm.
My lips parted and I couldn't tell what he was up to?

He opened it up and inside I saw the most beautiful ring I had ever seen. A diamond glimmered in the center of the silver band.
I came out of a trance when he grabbed my hand from my side.
"This....."

He kissed my ring finger bringing it to his lips. I gasped as I watched him with widened eyes.

He took the ring from its box and slid it into my finger. A perfect fit.
".....is your wedding gift my love." He whispered in my ear and leant away to watch me.

I couldn't move. I couldn't breath. How was it even possible and then I remembered what that maid Islene had called me.....*Mrs Pasquale....*

Did that mean....?

"No...." I shook my head and snatched my hand away from his grasp on them. "What is this?.....we-you.....how did this happen?" I was exasperated. I was worried for myself now. How the hell did I end up being his wife?

His wife? His freaking wife? I was freaking married? This sounded bizarrely like a drunken mistake someone would do.

He just tilted his head to the side and watched me with an amused expression. "We got married.....while you......were in coma." He spoke carefully like someone speaks to a child. His voice so calm, it made me want to cry.

"I'm your husband."

*********

Sooooo.....how was this?

Here's the thing. I put this book on hold because I wanted to focus on my other book "My Desirous CEO" but I saw this book was getting interest so I decided to start publishing it further.

So how is Celine going to cope with this new development in her life? What do you think she should do?

Read, vote and comment.

Love you guys.
Ashley♡

********