Chapter no.10

Renaldo paced around the large room at his headquarters, several men armed with guns surrounding him.

Renaldo had the mafia at his beck and call. He was involved in almost every crime. Drug smuggling, contract killing and most importantly human trafficking. Target killings, the best snipers worked for him. You name it.

Death was the only option left for anyone who was ever on his bad side. He was the devil himself if you put it that way. He was a 'wanted' criminal in five countries. He had secret and deadly weapons in posession. No one would dare face the dangers that came with dealing with Renaldo.

Renaldo 28. High cheek bones, defined jawline, dark eyes that were a window to his hollow-self. He was like a trap that could lure any prey into his confines easily.

He had the power any man would kill to get. And that's what he did. He had the blood of countless, on his hands. His effortlessly drop-dead looks were a dellusion for human eyes.

Renaldo was someone who never gave up anything. He always got what he wanted. No matter what he did to get it. Once he put an eye on something, and liked it for that matter, it belonged to him.

"Sir, the girl is still in coma. Angelo took her to his place."
One of his men had been a spy on Angelo, whom he loathed with all power invested in him.

"Keep an eye on him." Renaldo's voice was like shards of ice that could make any sane person run away from him as far as possible.

His eyes focused somewhere beyond vision as his thoughts drifted to her. She was his new want. His new desire. He wanted her. He wanted her to be his. And he would make sure of it.

And anyone coming between them would be killed. And it was Angelo this time. He was a wall between Renaldo and Celine. And Renaldo would raze that wall to the ground. But first, he would let Angelo live to see how Celine would be by his side, how she would belong to him only.

But little did Renaldo know, what Angelo had done. Celine was Angelo's wife now. For Angelo had known all along the outcome if Renaldo ever laid eyes on her innocent beauty. It wouldn't be enough to protect her but it was enough to let all know, Angelo would keep her safe with his life on the line.

She would be spoiled......or more like ruined if Renaldo had his way with her. And Angelo would never let that happen as long as he would live.

And that's why Angelo had to make her his wife in the way he did.

Angelo had never had any weaknesses, any way he could be brought down. Not even Renaldo could do it. But now when he knew what Celine meant to him, he could have the upper hand this time. This was what made someone like Angelo scared.

Celine was Angelo's light in the dark. She was the beat of his dead heart. She was a hope for him that he too could live a happy life for once even if just for a little while.

*********

6 months later:-

Angelo stepped into the room quietly closing the door behind him. He was tired beyond words. His suit jacket draped across the couch as he went to sit at the edge of his bed where Celine rested with her eyes glazed open.

The only sound of heart monitors beeping filled the quiet atmosphere.
"Celine.....ho bisogno di te."- I need you. He whispered softly. His hand moved from his side and grasped her dead cold one in his. He was so desperate. He had only just met her and she had to face this? All because he was too selfish to let her go.
"You have to wake up miele."- endearment.

He would beg her if he had to. He would do anything to get her back. A single tear slipped out of his eye and he wiped it away.
"I'm tired. I'm so tired."
He took her hand gently and brought it to his lips and placed a gentle kiss on the back of her hand.