Chapter no.13

Hi Everyone!
I hope everyone is enjoying 2017 so far. Here is another update for *HO*. Sorry for the delay though.

I was actually caught up in trying to finish reading a book that I just couldn't get enough of.

Authors like lind91 are the future of novel writing and her book left an amazing impression on me and I am glad that I was lucky enough to get inspiration from such a talented person.

I would recommend that you guys go to her profile and check out "My Dark Knight" and her other books.

Also I would like to add a few honourable mentions. Please have a look at these authors' books.

Midika
AngeliqueToledo

Enjoy the chapter.

*******

His confession had left me stunned. I felt numb from head to toe as I toyed with my own thoughts. I had no idea he would go this far. I had no idea I would end up listening to those words from him. I was perplexed. Scared more or less, I didn't even know what I felt anymore.

This was all too much. Even the concept was overpowering. My head spun with overwhelming emotions. The turmoil of thoughts was leading me to the point that I might suffer a break down. My life was slipping out of my own control. What had I gotten myself into?

Was it a mistake I had done? Was it my wrong doing that I felt a pull towards someone I barely knew? Someone who could be potentially dangerous for me? I couldn't deny it. I wasn't the type of person to deny things. I had been somewhat attracted to a complete stranger. And that stranger had been the tilt of my life when he walked into my life that day at the university.

I couldn't deny how he had been to my rescue twice. But did that mean I was indebted to him? Did it mean that I had to accept what he wanted from me? This wasn't conceivable. Not in any case. And the worst was yet to come. Did he expect me to accept his actions? Do nothing about a marriage I had no idea I had been bound to? I had to get away from this. Away from him. But how in the world would I do that?

His deep eyes had made themselves clear when he broke it to me that I wasn't going anywhere, leaving no room for arguement. I had remembered the way his voice had held so much authority and possibly a threat. And then his words that lead to my current state.

I love you.....

How could I confide in his words that might have been only a tactic to trap me? To make me believe that he possibly developed feelings for a girl who was nothing but ordinary. What did he want from me? Why was I being kept here anyway? Whether good or bad the reason might be, I knew I had to get out somehow.

"M'lady!" Islene, the head house maid said.
"What!" I snapped at her unintentionally but she kept her face impassive. He was now, also making me behave badly towards others, people who had done nothing wrong to me.
"Mr Pasquale is expecting you for dinner in ten minutes." Saying this she left. I rolled my eyes. Did he seriously think I would submit to his commands willingly? And as stubborn as I was, I made no attempt to move out of the warm bed I was snuggled in. I tried to fade into a slumber as I pushed the quilt covers up to my neck.

"Mia caro!"-My dear!
His unmistakable deep soft tone brought me out of my nap that I had barely taken. I fluttered open my eyes to find Angelo inches from my face. My heart slammed into my throat and I suppressed a shiver that shook me head to toe nonetheless.