» Twenty One «

Jake
I wasn't aloud back to school for 5 days due to the School's policy and fighting. If you ask me it's pretty stupid how they only just notice me and my crippling condition after I almost kill a kid. Of course I won't be seen as a victim, and no one will stick up for me. Well I've definitely fuck up my chance of passing my A levels, like I was really taking it seriously in the first place. At least it gives me chance to recover.

Whilst in hospital I ended up throwing up a cheese sandwich after taking some pills. I did specify to dad I hate cheese sandwiches, especially hospital ones but he's not convinced my hatred of the lactose sandwich was the reason I puked it up, rather the mixture of pills I was given. Either way, I will not be touching any cheese for the next few weeks.

The insignificant thoughts of cheese sandwiches was making me hungry. I walk down the stairs and down some more stairs till I reach  the kitchen. I look through the fridge then the cupboards and decide, that even though we have plenty of food, there's nothing to eat. I open the freezer and chuck some nuggets in the oven. I lean against the kitchen counter, in my own little world, and feel a soft brushing against my hand.
"What the fuck..." I turn around and there's a cat sat behind me. I do a double take as I'm sure we don't have a cat.
"Who are you, and where are you from?" Why am I talking to a cat?
"Name's Fluffy McWashington the third"
At that moment Raven appears through the middle of the kitchen counter.

"Is this yours?" I look at her sternly as if I'm some sort of parent telling off a two year old.
"'This' as you've called it is a he. And he is called Winston but I have renamed him Fluffy McWashington. He responds much better to that name" she talks as if this is all completely normal and there was never any argument between us.

"What is it, sorry, I mean HE, doing here? We don't have a cat. Do we?"
"Jesus, you haven't been gone that long. No he belongs to the old lady across the road. I watch her feed him meatballs every lunchtime" that would explain why he's so fat and the orange tinge to his grey moustache.
"Ok...but that doesn't explain what he's doing in our house" Raven walks over to the door and opens it, calling the cat by its ridiculous name. Shorty after he leaves she continues. 
"I use to have a cat, and he was my only friend and he left with my parents when they moved out. That's why I leave the door open to let the cats in for some company. Erm yeah and because Nicole hates cats and it's piss funny stressing her out. Of course that's the main reason I do it"

Once again this girl confuses me. I mean is it because she has emotional attachment or because she likes pissing off Nicole. I never know with her. Being a ghost and all I'm not sure she still feels proper emotions. Pretty sure I've questioned this many times before.

Raven
The knock on the door interrupted the conversation. Jake looked round at the door then back at me, a confused look on his face.
"Who the hell could that be?" His voice taking an irritated tone. Now probably wasn't the best time to remember I had text Jess from his phone for them to meet up. I looked away and scratched the back of my head
"Jess? Have you been ordering stuff again? I told you last time, clicking 'checkout' doesn't mean you check out your items, you actually buy them" well at least he'll be happy to know that that wasn't the new blender I had bought.
"Errr...no it's not a delivery" he looks at me as the door knocks again. This time he walks over to the door and opens it.

"Jess! Hi?" He turned and gave me a look that said 'do not do any ghost shit'.
"Hi. You said you wanted to talk" she still stood in the door way, like a vampire who needed to be invited in.
"Yeah. Of course. That's what I said" his tone was confused and uneasy. "Erm come in". She stepped in and walked over to the counter where I was sat.
"Soooo don't be mad, but I may have text Jess from your phone so you could talk to her"
"What!"
"Sorry?" Jess looked at Jake puzzled as of why he just shouted what. I couldn't help but snigger in this serious moment. He took a gulp and tried to remain calm.
"Um, what would you like to drink?" Nice save.
"I'm fine. I don't plan on staying long" she sounded cold and irritated just by his presence or it could have been me booping my hand through her head.
"Yup, the doctor has diagnosed you and there's definitely nothing in your head" Jake tries not to laugh but I can see he wants to.
"What's so funny" she crossed her arms and clicked her tongue with impatience.
"Nothing. I don't know. Sorry" his smile fades and he gestures them to go sit upstairs but Jess clearly refused so they retired to the living room.

Now I think about it, what is Jake exactly going to say? He already tried the truth, which isn't exactly believable. I should have probably thought this through a bit more. I look at Jake and can see in his eyes he's searching for the right words to say, what ever they maybe.
"Look, Jess" he pauses, looks at me then at Jess.
"I'm sorry that you were scared the other day. That wasn't my intention. But if I tell the truth you'll never believe me" she stares at him hard listening to every word coming out of his mouth.
"I really like you but I don't think we can ever be together" WHAAAAA.
"No that's not why I got her round here you idiot" I shout at Jake.

Jess stood up. "Ok", she then turned around and left without another word.