» One «

Raven
I've lost count of how many years I've been dead, but not how many owners have lived in this house since it. 14 to be exact. 14 owners who I've successfully managed to scare shitless. 14 owners who have moved out of this house, MY house, because of me. Am I proud? Of course I am! This is my home no one is allowed to live here without my permission, besides it's too much fun scaring people.

I think it's been a year now since anyone's lived here. I'm kind of bored to be honest. The mice have got use to me now, they don't run away from me anymore. I need some entertainment, do you know how boring it is being dead, it makes me want to kill myself. Oh wait, I already did that.

I can still remember the cries of my mother "My baby, my poor precious baby" she didn't really care though. She'd leave me for days at a time to fend for myself and never paid much attention to me. For gods sake she didn't even know I wasn't going to school anymore. My father on the other hand just walked by shook his head and left again, he never wanted a girl, in fact he never wanted a child. You see now why I killed myself, being dead is so much easier. Plus I don't have to see my fake mother, or dead beat father ever again. I'm pretty sure their plane tickets said America.

And how do I know all this? Well I was floating around in the atmosphere watching them both. They say people only come back as ghosts if they have unfinished business. Fuck knows what mine is. It's definitely not revenge that's for sure, I've done plenty of that.

Jake
I didn't want to move away from London, that meant leaving the only friend I had behind. It also meant I wouldn't be able to visit my mums grave for a very long time. I'm sure Nicole suggested moving to York just to be spiteful. We have mutual hate for each other, which some how my dad doesn't see. He's too blinded by the sacks of silicon mounted on Nicole's chest, or her rich background. I really don't know why she's still with my dad, what does he have to offer. My mum left what she had to me, and Nicole can't have that until she's my legal mother and there's no way that's happening.

The drive to York seemed like days, I kept drifting in and out of sleep hoping that I wouldn't wake up. My dad doesn't see how unhappy I am, then again since mum died he's not really paid much attention to me. For awhile he spent several nights at bars or clubs, that was until he met Nicole, then he got his act together. Found a job, got married, sold the house, which brings us to here. York. How disgusting.

There must be something wrong with the house. I mean for a 4 bedroom it's relatively cheep, Nicole didn't bother to research about it, she just giggled and battered her eyelids until my dad fell for it and bought the house for her. A "gift" I think he called it, if you call a 50 year old, beaten up house a gift.

Authors note: So welcome to my second book, I hope you're enjoying it so far. If you are leave a comment or vote so I know to continue the story. Let me know what you think of the characters and whether or not you like them or connect with them.
Remember don't forget to vote and comment