» Sixteen «

Jake
Thursday came round quicker than expected. I hadn't seen much of Jess except for in class but I never had a chance to talk to her. Raven on the other hand never seemed to go away. I found that both annoying and nice, constantly having someone to talk to. In a way I had grown fond of her company, and I think she enjoyed the interaction as well.

I was getting ready to leave when Raven burst in;
"So I have got tonight all planned out, first we can make Nicole think she's mad, then you can pretend to be possessed and finally we can laugh it all out while listening to music that comes out your tiny music player" she sounded so enthusiastic.
"It's called an iPod and well Urm..." I did that awkward thing where you scratch your head and avoid eye contact.
"What?" Her smile faded
"It's just...that sounds great and all...but I already had plans for tonight"
"Oh alright, what are they then? If it involves scaring Nicole I'm in"
I felt so bad telling her this,
"I'm actually going out tonight, meeting up with a friend"
She looked at me like I'd stabbed her
"Oh ok. Nope that's fine. Don't worry...I had other plans anyway...meeting with the mice and that"

She began to leave my room, at least she had other plans.
"Raven?"
"Yeah"
"What top should I wear the black and white checkered one or plain black" I said looking at both shirts trying to decide.
"Black and white one, brings out the blue in your eyes" she smiled and left for me to change.

I got to school 10 minutes earlier than Jess had arranged. I watched as all the bands showed up dragging their equipment behind them. I recognised some kids from my school who's band I think is called Midnight Madness. They walked past me some of them glaring others completely blanking me, I didn't care though because they weren't important to me.

It got to 6:40 and the bands were going to start at 7. Jess was still nowhere to be seen. 7pm came around and still no show, so I began to leave when I bumped in to Jess.
"Oh my god Jake I'm so sorry I'm late. My dad wouldn't let me leave because..."
"Hey it doesn't matter Jess, besides I'm sure you had a good reason for being so late" she giggled as we walked into the school hall that had been transformed into a concert.

The bands were actually really good, a lot better than I'd expected. Jess and I danced to almost every song. I don't remember the last time I laughed so much, I'm not sure if Jess was laughing at my awful dancing or my social awkwardness. Either way we both enjoyed ourselves. A few more bands were yet to play but it was already really late.
"Hey Jess I think I should get going" I shouted over the music.
"Huh, I can't hear you" we walked outside so I could actually talk to her.

"So listen I've had a great time tonight"
"Me too, you're dancing was definitely insight to be seen" she laughed
"Hahaha thank you. Well it's quite late so I think I should get going"
"Are you sure you can't stay a bit longer" uh I wanted to so bad but I know if I'm any later Nicole will give me grief.
"Yeah I'd love to but I've got to get going. I've really enjoyed tonight though, we should definitely do it again sometime"
"Yeah for sure" for a few moments awkwardness exchanged between us.
"Right so I'll get going then"
"Ok" Jess smiled and made her way back inside. I turned and headed out of school.

"Jake wait!" I turned around as Jess walked quickly towards me and kissed me on the lips
"Ok bye then" she blushed and ran back inside. I stood there in shock, did she just kiss me. She did. Wait what if she thinks I'm a terrible kisser because I didn't kiss her back. I spent the whole bus ride home smiling my head off and it didn't go unnoticed. I got in and Nicole stared at me.
"Why are you so happy?" She said spitefully
"Oh nothing. Suppose I just realised I can be happy without injecting myself with silicon" Nicole's mouth dropped open as I walked up to my room smirking like an idiot.

I got to my room to find Raven laid on my bed with headphones in. She took them off realising I was back.
"Had a good time?" She said like she didn't really care.
"Yes thanks, it was great"
"Hmm bet it was. Why are you so happy?"
"Oh nothing just Jess and I really bonded"
"Who's Jess?" I could feel the tension building.
"My friend at school. Well my only friend really"
"You're only friend" she raised her eyebrow "Then what am I?"
"You know I didn't mean it like that Raven, but you're..."
"I'M WHAT JAKE? EH. I'M DEAD. IS THAT IT. I'M DEAD SO I DON'T COUNT AS BEING YOUR 'FRIEND'"
"No, no. Raven. That's not what I meant, don't be like this"
"LIKE WHAT JAKE? EMOTIONAL? WELL I'M SORRY THAT I HAVE FEELINGS. PERHAPS DEAD HEARTS DON'T BEAT BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN I CAN'T FEEL, can't hurt" a tear rolled down her cheek.

"Are you crying?"
"No Jake it's ectoplasm leaking from my eyes. You know what,that girl will never understand you like I do. The pain, the hurt. I saved you. ME! Not her" more and more tears rolled down her face.
"Raven I'm sorry, of course you're my friend" the room went cold and Raven looked at me all emotion drained from her face. Her eyes turned black and her skin whiter than snow.
"Raven you're scaring me. Stop this"
"No Jake. Fuck you. Fuck you and your warm blooded body. I should never have saved you" her voice was emotionless and dark. This wasn't Raven. She was scaring me. Like a lot. The room went dark and freezing cold Raven flew at me screaming her mouth pitch black with death.
"RAVEN STOP" she flew at me still screaming, I dropped to the floor, my heart pounding in my chest. I felt her go straight through me. Like a knife in the stomach. I cried out, what was this pain.

I heard footsteps run up the stairs and in burst Nicole.
"What the bloody hell is going on?" I opened my eyes to see Nicole watching me roll around on the floor clutching my stomach, crying.
"Get a grip you stupid boy. And stop making so much bloody noise, you're disturbing my zen workout."
"Yeah okay" that's all I could manage. My head was spinning and my insides felt like they were being ripped apart. Nicole left. I pulled myself on to my bed, how long will this pain last.

An hour passed and the pain subsided just enough for me to be able to sleep the pain away. Maybe this was how much pain Raven was feeling. What have I done.

Authors note: hey guys so I'm sorry about the extremely late update but hers the chapter with all the drama you wanted. Thank you so much for all your support. Dedication to LucasHeeley