cheater!Eli × loving!Reader

Magsimula sa umpisa

-----

  “Elichi...” Nozomi choked, griping tightly onto the edge of the tables, her knuckles growing white. “I––”

  “Don’t talk to me now, Nozomi.” She growled in reply, her hands balled up onto fists, which she slammed onto the table. Seeing her own sorry state, Eli sighed and squeezed her eyes shut, opening her palms. “Why? Why couldn’t I stop myself? I am such a–a–worthless piece of trash.”

  The blonde opened her eyes again, a dull pain haunting the usual beautiful glow in them, and ran a hand through her tresses.

  “I think that...you should go after her,” the vice president whispered, squeezing her eyes shut in an effort to succumb to the fact that the person she loved was already loved.

  Eli paused looked up at her, surprise evident in the gaze she settled on Nozomi.

  “I mean,” the shorter girl drew in her breath choppily. “Do you truly, truly, love her?”

  The quarter Russian withdrew from the table and stood in front of the purple-haired girl.

  “I–I don’t know...and that’s what I want to find out.” She mumbled, having drained herself of all her energy, and leaned against the wall across from Nozomi.

  “Are you happy with her?” Nozomi asked.

  The blonde nodded slowly and gripped her head, clenching her teeth tightly together.

  You or Nozomi?

“Are you nervous around her? Do you forget what you want to say when you are around her?” Nozomi asked again, feeling saddened when she brought this up because she knew. She knew who Eli would pick.

  The blonde nodded again, now closing her eyes in an attempt to control her conflicting emotions.

  “Are you...willing...to do anything for her? Even–Even if it means forsaking yourself and your own opinions?” Nozomi continued, the emerald green of her eyes glossing over.

  Eli nodded vigorously again, burying her face into her hands. Why? Why did you have to barge in this time? If not, I probably wouldn’t have hurt you. But you did, and I regretted doing it. Doing everything that I have ever done to you. I’ll do anything to make you smile again.

  Nozomi could not help it. She forged a smile from whatever happiness and hope she had left. Maybe it was not meant to be. “Have you ever...made her smile?” Because you made me smile.

  Eli’s eyes widened. Had she?

-----

  “Hey, Eli.You greeted her politely, closing the door quietly.

  “Oh, (Y/N). What are you doing here?” The blonde looked up from her work, quickly taking in your appearance, and she blushed before looking back down to her papers.

  “I just thought that you’d be hungry, so I brought you a little something.You set a bento box neatly tied in light blue cloth next to the blonde.

  “Tha–Thanks, (Y/N), but I have things to take care of, so maybe you could head home first without me.The blonde forced herself to not look up and concentrated in her work, praying that she could find some way to work in peace without being distracted by you.

  “O–Okay,” you muttered and opened the door once more to leave, trying to hide your crestfallen state. “Don’t stay too late.”