cheater!Eli × loving!Reader

→ dedicated to and requested by sraaraa

thank you for the request! hope you enjoy this~

edited.|

|Lies|

  THROUGH the musky afternoon light streaming into the room, the girl’s eyes shone with uncertainty and hesitation.

  “A–Are you sure?” She asked her companion cautiously, wary about the consequences that might follow.

  “Positive.” The other nodded and bent forward to plant her lips on her, kissing her passionately.

-----

  You knew that something was up with Eli.

  With the way she started to seemingly avoid you, and the way she did not look into your eyes while talking to you.

  Well, not like she was that caring or interactive in the first place. But even so, you loved her for who she was.

  I had better check on her. You sped up your walking pace and headed towards the student council room, where you knew she would be at, since she told you that she had work to do.

  Well, she did ask you to go home without her, but you were itching to see her.

  The door to the room drew closer and you held your breath, hoping that she would be inside just sitting calmly at her desk while sorting papers. Then, she would look up at you, smile, and ask you why you had not gone home yet. Yup, that definitely should be what was going to happen.

  You rested your hand on the doorknob and twisted it, pushing the door open. You peeked your head inside, and for a moment, you forgot how to breathe.

  Your girlfriend was kissing Toujou Nozomi.

-----

  You felt your heart shatter into a billion tiny pieces and you slowly exit the room, your mind completely blank.

  It was only when Eli shouted your name that you snapped out of it and felt the tears streaming down your cheeks.

  You covered your mouth with your hand and placed the other over your heart. Who knew that emotional pain hurt much, much more than physical pain did.

It felt as if you were being hacked at with an axe, yet never dying. The ax cut deeper and deeper, and before you knew it, you sprinted away from the door, willing yourself to never look back.