21

Aunt Julie's pov

I woke up to the sound of the front door opening and closing.

Hmm I guess Shawn just left

I was just about to go back to sleep, when I hear pots and pans getting banged and the cabinets were being opened and closed.

I checked the time.

9:00am

Anna is still asleep, who's in the kitchen.

I jumped of of my bed and put on some clothes. I walked to the bathroom and washed my face, brushed my teeth and did my hair.

Then I grabbed a baseball bat and walked downstairs to the kitchen. I slowly made my way to the kitchen and raised my bat. I was about to knock the person down when I saw it was Shawn and I lowered the bat. I leaned on the counter watching him cook. I wonder how long it will take him to find out I'm here.

As if he read my thoughts he turned around and jumped when he saw me.

"Good morning Ms.Grey," he said. "I was just making Anna some breakfast. Care to join?" he asked.

"Good morning Mr. Mendes. Thank you for offering, but I will be eating at work," I replied.

"Oh," he said lost in his thoughts.

I wonder if he noticed that I said Mr. Mendes.

"Yes Shawn. I know what you are thinking. 'Omg does she know?' Well yes I do. I know you are Anastasia's 4th period English teacher and that you two are dating," I said waiting for his reaction.

"I-I umm."

"Please Shawn, let me finish. I am aware that you and my niece are dating and that you are her teacher, which is wrong, but I must say that I do approve. I know it is wrong, but I see the way you look at her and the she acts when she see's or talks about you. You seem like a very responsible and kind gentlemen. I give you my blessing for you and Anna to date, but if you hurt her in any way, and you're dead." I said the last part in a meaner and deeper voice to see if he would het intimidated.

"So you're not mad?" he asked. "After all I am still her teacher."

"Yes I am fully aware and I do not care, for now, but if police come and have evidence on you or whatever, then I won't do anything to stop you from getting arrested, so be careful, " Actually I really don't mind them dating. Besides Anna is in her senior year, so he won't be her teacher anymore.

I was interrupted from my thought when my phone started ringing. I dug through my  purse and pulled out my iphone to answer the call.

"Hello?"

"Good morning am I speaking to Julie Gray?" the voice on the other side of the line asked.

"Yes this is she," I replied.

"My name is Dr. Martinez,I am calling from the California Medical Facility State Prison to inform you that Victoria Grey will be allowed to leave in 3 days," Dr. Martinez said.

"Ahh."

I could feel the color drain from my face.

"We will need someone to pick her up from the California Medical Facility State Prison."

Oh shit what am I going to do? Anastasia thinks Victoria is dead.

"Yes I understand. Umhmm I'll be there tomorrow, this is just so recent I'll have to go out and buy a few things including the ticket."

"Great that will be great." the lady on the other line answered.

"Uhmum. Yes goodbye."I hung up the phone quickly.

What am I going to do? Quick Julie think!

"Shawn I am so sorry. But may I ask for a favor?" I asked Shawn.

"Why of course."

"Thank you, I 'll be out of town for a few days and I'm going to need you to take care of Anna while I'n gone. You can stay here," I said nervously.

"Don't worry about a thing, I'll be happy to."

"Thank you. Good bye Mr. Mendes," she replied.

"Thank you Ms. Gray, but please do not call me that outside of school and goodbye I hope you have a wonderful day," I responded."Thank you Ms. Gray, but please do not call me that outside of school and goodbye I hope you have a wonderful day," he replied.

"Why thank you Shawn," I reply sadly. I doubt I'll have a wonderful day.

I opened the door and walked out without saying another word. I had to sort things out. I'll  buy everything I'll need, then I'll tell Anna that I'm going out of town. When I come back I'll tell her everything.

Why did I make Anastasia believe her mother was dead? Because she killed Anna's father.