Thirty-Two

(A/N: If you see any random "Isaiah"s in here, they're supposed to be "Cykeem"s)

"Didn't you used to write poems for Daniel?" Serene asked. "Yeah," I nodded. "Did you write one the last day you saw him?" she inquired. "Yeah, I was writing it, and then I got hit with a car," I answered. "That poem could've had all the answers we need instead of us researching all this shit," she sighed. "Yeah," I simply nodded. "You've got to be more aware of your surroundings. Over here getting hit by cars," Serene shook her head with a slight smile. "Yeah, whatever," I brushed off her words. "Did Mom find anything?" I inquired. "Uh... Nope. Nope," Serene answered. "Why do I feel like you're lying to me?" I glared at her. "I'm not," she shook her head. "Yeah, okay," I rolled my eyes. "Did you listen to a few of his songs?" she asked, referring to Daniel. "Yeah, he was pretty good," I nodded. "Daniel's pretty cute too, Safaree... Good job," she winked at me. "Oh, my gosh, Serene," I blushed. "What? I'm just saying," she shrugged, making me laugh. Everything died down... "Have you talked to Jeremiah?" she asked. "Nope," I shook my head. "Not even at school?" she asked. "Not lately," I shook my head again. "Wow. I'm proud of you, Little Sister," she nudged me. "Yeah, whatever," I playfully rolled my eyes. "Do you miss him?" she asked. "Sometimes," I sighed. "How do you think things are going to go with you two?" she asked. "Hopefully, better than before, but you know what?... I'm not looking for a relationship right now. I'm focusing on Daniel and me," I replied. "Aw, I'm so proud," she wiped away a fake tear...

Later on, I received a little invitation to a party. While Jeremiah and I are on break, I've branched out and made a few friends. These friends are mature and supportive. Something I yearned for in a boyfriend. "We're having a get together tonight," one of my friends, Cecily, sent to me in a text. "Who's coming?" I replied. "It's the whole crew plus a one," she replied. I sighed. "It's just a get together?" I asked. "It's just a get together." I accepted the invitation, reminding myself that I was focusing on me, from now on...

I showered and lotioned up before dressing myself in a pair of jeans, a black cut out bandage crop top, a pair of black Timbs, round black sunglasses. (External link) I topped off my outfit with a black vest. I put my hair in a bun and grabbed my car keys and phone. "Mom, Cecily's having a get together at her house. I'll be back later," I told her, stepping into the kitchen. "Alright... Have fun," she kissed my forehead. "Bye, Serene," I spoke. "Bye. I love you," she hugged me. "I love you too," I smiled before leaving...

I stepped onto the porch and ran the doorbell. The house was relatively large. It seemed pretty organic there, seeing as though trees were all over the place and the house was mainly just fine wood and glass. "Safaree!" Cecily smiled and brought me into a hug. "Come, come," she smiled, taking my hand and leading me into her home.. Cecily was one of my upbeat friends. She was Ms. School Spirit, soon to become president of the Student Council, and captain of the cheerleading team. She was my most supportive friend and one of the most bubbly people I've ever met. "Safaree's in the house!" she cheered. "Ayyy!" everyone cheered, throwing their hands in the air. There was Cykeem, Andrew, Cecily (of course), and Veronica. "We invited someone very special," Veronica smiled mischievously as I sat on the couch next to Cykeem. "Who?" I raised an eyebrow. "You know who," Cecily poked my side. "Leave her be, Guys," Cykeem spoke. "Thank you, Cykeem," I smiled. He hugged me. "No problem," he said. "You look really pretty tonight," he said with a shy smile...

Cykeem has a little crush on me, but I already let him know I'm not looking for anything right now. He understood, but also let me know that that's not going to stop him from liking me. He's a shy guy, and I have the biggest soft spot for those guys... "So, what is the first game of the night?" Andrew asked. "Truth or dare," Veronica smiled. "Ya'll do what ya'll want. Just tell me where the food is," I stood. "Oh, no no, Missy. You're going to play," she smirked. "Where's the food? I promise I'll be back," I said. "Ugh! Come with me," Cecily took my hand and pulled me up. She led me to the spacious kitchen, where the food was already on display. "Damn, C. How many people did you expect to come?" I asked. "It's just like three more people," she replied. I took a few things to eat before Cecily let me be. The doorbell soon rang. "Safaree is going to freak!" I heard Veronica squeal. I became paranoid. Maybe they're planning a prank on me. "Safaree," I heard. I whipped around quickly to see Cykeem. "Chill, I'm not going to hurt you," he smiled slightly. "Sorry, I just thought you guys were going to prank me," I smiled. He chuckled before taking a few chips to eat.