Ten

(A/N: The outfit she has in the external link, and how her hair looks and the song is on the side)

There was a party scheduled for Friday night-- tonight. I'm not the person for parties seeing as though twerking starts the same time the party does and doesn't end until it's time to leave. And, if you're not twerking, you get looked at as the stick in the mud or too stuck up to have some fun. Truth is, I have too much pride to be shaking my ass for some boy. Besides, that shit'll come back and kick your ass. Boys'll be running around thinking you're easy and disrespect you once they find out you aren't... But, Jeremy has convinced me into going... Lucky me.

I was sitting on the couch in the living room, waiting for Jeremy's arrival, which wasn't going to be for about two or three hours. My mother stepped in, looked at me, frowned slightly, and left the room again. She returned with Serene. "Help her get ready for this party," she instructed Serene. "What's wrong with what I have on?" I inquired. "It's a party. Not a funeral, Safaree," my mother spoke. I looked down at my outfit, noticing my all black attire... "I look fine," I spoke, looking back up. Serene and my mother looked at each other with folded arms before looking back at me. "Help her get ready for this party," my mother repeated. Serene smirked slightly before motioning me to follow her. I followed her into her room, where she pulled out hair dye and other things. My eyes widened. "What are you going to do?" I inquired. "Don't worry your ugly little head," she smugly smiled... She washed my hair, dyed it, curled it with rollers, and blow dried my hair before going into her closet and pulling out articles of clothing. An Aztec print shirt, a leather mini skater skirt, and a pair of heels that matched the green that was in the shirt. "Come back here when you're done getting dressed," she simply instructed. I reluctantly got dressed in the clothing before returning to her room.

"Oh, don't you look cute?" my mother smiled at me, leaning against the doorframe. "Mom, I don't understand why I had to change," I spoke while taking a seat. "Honey, I don't know why you like fading into the background. You're beautiful, and a beautiful girl needs to be turning heads... You weren't even going to turn Jeremy's head with what you had on, Safaree," my mother shook her head with a slight smile while Serene took the rollers from my head. "Don't you think it's too revealing?" I skeptically spoke. "No, it's fine, Safaree. You're too used to the long sleeves and the jeans and high tops. What are you tryin' to do, Girl? Cover up the goods that you have?" my mother smiled, letting me know that she meant well... "I don't know, Ma. Are you sure?" I spoke. "I'm sure... You better stop being scared, and you better start trusting your sister. She knows what she's doing," my mother replied. I sighed before Serene spoke. "Done." I faced the mirror, looking at myself with my eyes wide. "Whoa.." I whispered at the new color of my hair... "How'd I do, Ma?" Serene asked with a smug smile. "You did fantastic," my mother had a wide smile on her face. The doorbell rang. "Oh, Jeremy's right on time," my mother spoke, looking at her watch. "Just stay right there. I'll announce you," my mother smiled before her and Serene left the room. I sighed before going into my room, where I applied some lip gloss. "Jeremy... and only Jeremy," I could hear my mother's voice from the living room. "Oh, my gosh," I whispered and pinched the bridge of my nose. "I am proud to announce my daughter-- hair and outfit done and picked by Serene Lynn-- Safaree," my mother called. I slowly walked into the room, looking up at Jeremy occasionally. "Wow," I could hear Jeremy say. "What? Does it look bad? Serene did it," I spoke. "No, no, no," he shook his head and chuckled. "You look beautiful, Safaree," he sincerely spoke while taking my hands into his... I looked into his eyes for several moments before he kissed my forehead. "We're going to go now," he smiled at my mother. "It was nice meeting you again. Good job on this "transformation", I guess," Jeremy awkwardly spoke, shaking Serene's hand. "It's always a pleasure, Ma," he smiled at my mother and hugged her. "Alright... You two have fun," my mother smiled...

We got into his car, and began our journey to the party... "Damn, Baby girl. You look amazing," he spoke, taking his eyes off the road for several seconds to look at me. I blushed as he took my hand into his. "You don't know how bad I want to kiss you, but I don't want to mess up what you have going right now... But, then again... some dudes might be staring a little too hard at the party. Just wait 'til I pull over, so I can mess up your hair or something," he winked with a smile. I laughed... "You look nice too, Jeremy," I spoke. "Yeah, but damn... I look like a loser, and you look like you're out of my league or some shit," he joked. "Well, you should've saw what I had on before this," I told him. "It doesn't matter what you have on... You'll still beautiful, so it's kind of no use, Baby girl," he spoke, keeping his eyes on the road and kissing the back of my hand. I blushed again, heat being summoned to my cheeks. We were soon parked and ready to go in the building of the party. "Are you ready?" Jeremy asked with a smile. "I guess," I replied with a small smile.