Nine

I arrived to school the next day, my bruises from yesterday's dispute concealed with makeup. I walked toward the locker that was rightfully mine. On the way, I couldn't help but feel a series of eyes on me. I looked back to see Jeremy's crew scoping out my outfit and I. I faced forward, feeling uncomfortable under their gazes. I felt like I was being followed by them, but I wasn't brave enough to turn and check. I made it to my locker. I turned the dial, putting in three numbers that were my combination. I opened it, still feeling a gaze on me. I grabbed a textbook for my second period class before closing my locker to see Jeremy leaned against the locker next to mine. I jumped due to being surprised. "Hey, Baby girl," He smiled, biting his lip slightly. "Hey, Jer Bear," I smiled back at him. "You look beautiful today," he touched my cheek. I blushed, looking down at my high waist skirt, white button up shirt, black and white Converse, and black bow tie. "Ayo, Jeremy!" one of the guys of his crew called. He looked back at him and told him to wait. Jeremy faced me once again. "Did you think about it?" he inquired. "Yeah," I nodded. "Do you have an answer?" he asked. "Meet me here during third period, okay?" I spoke. He nodded. I began to walk away, but my hand was taken into another. I was halted and turned around. "I don't get a kiss?" he inquired. "Nope... We only play the roles in private, Jeremiah," I spoke with a slight smirk. "I see how it is," he chuckled. I smiled slightly before he stole a kiss from me. I pushed him away from me. "In private," I smirked before brushing past him.

I walked past his crew hearing whistles and cat calls. "Safaree, when will I get some of that?" One of them began to follow me. "Never," I replied. "Come on, now... I know you givin' Jeremy a little something. I'm just tryin' to be down... I mean, what fun is it when you don't share with the crew?" he licked his lips. I was disgusted. "I suggest you back the fuck up before I sock you in the throat," I spoke. He bit his lip. "You look good when you're mad, Baby," he spoke. "Yo, do we have a problem?" Jeremy popped up out of nowhere. "Nah, man. Everything's just fine. Ain't that right, Baby?" the boy spoke. Jeremy looked at him as if he were mentally ill. "Yo, don't call her that... She's mine. Only mine," Jeremy replied. "Damn... That's green, Jeremy... You know you green for that," he shook his head. "And what makes me so green, Nigga?" Jeremy asked. "You lyin' to this girl like this, Man... We all run those trains, and you're being stingy" the boy spoke. "Yo, shut your motherfucking mouth right now... Don't talk about that shit infront of her," Jeremy got in his face. "Oh, Baby girl doesn't know?" the guy seemed sarcastically surprised. He pushed Jeremy out of the way before walking toward me. "I'm sorry you have to find out this way, Baby girl... But, this was all just a hoax... You know what he-- I mean, we.." he paused, motioning to the couple of guys including Jeremy, "all want, right?" I looked past him and at Jeremy. "Don't listen to him, Safaree," he spoke... I walked away. The more I looked at Jeremy, the more I wanted to cry...

"Safaree!" he called after me. I continued walking until my arm was gripped and I was forced to look at him. "What do you want, Jeremy?" I shouted. "None of that shit is true. Aight? That nigga's lying!" Jeremy spoke. I walked away again, only being roughly halted. "What?!" I shouted, tears brimming my eyelids... "You know I don't ever want to hurt you, Safaree. Why would I do that shit to you?" he asked, his hands on my cheeks. "Leave me alone," I spoke softly, concealing my face from him. "No, you're gonna listen to me," he grabbed my wrists and pinned me to the wall, the book I had falling to the ground. We were in a secluded staircase that led into the basement of the building. Tears spilled onto my cheeks as he spoke. "The trains... That's true, but I don't do that shit, Safaree. I only fuck what's mine and only mine... I didn't talk to you to reel you into that train shit... I talked to you for myself. What I look like sharing with them niggas? I like you a lot, and that shit is some genuine shit... I don't want to lie to you. I don't like lying to you. So, why the hell would I do it? If I just wanted to fuck you, you would know that. I would tell you I'd get that shit... But, I don't want just that, Safaree... Don't pay those ignorant niggas any attention. I'm not trying to play you, and if I was, you would've been played by now," he spoke. I avoided eye contact.