Chapter XXXXI ~ Ian ~ Party

Depuis le début

'People always say that haters are dumb people who are too scared to say it to your face. That's not true in my case, I guess.'

'And it's god damn weird, T. There's something dodgy going on, seriously.'

Misty shut her eyes. 'Ian, this is so fucking difficult for me, and I appreciate so much that you understand that, but it'll be fine. I don't want you to worry about this on Vidcon weekend. We'll sort it out soon, I promise.'

'I need to, because you're my girlfriend, and if you're not fully okay then I'm not.'

'I promise we'll find a way soon. But Ian, really, I want you to enjoy this weekend, enjoy being with your fans. It's not about your girlfriend, it's about them.'

'You're being so selfless.'

'It's something we learn to do, hey?' Misty said optimistically. 'And I saw Kristie for a while which cheered me up. We went shopping, and I bought a load of stuff.' Misty held up a stuffed white bag. 'Oh, and I invited Kristie to the party if that's alright.'

'So you're okay for this party tonight?'

'I guess I'm still sorta happy to go, as long as there aren't fans there.'

'Nah, it's easier for them but there'll be a guest list.'

'Oh, and nobody to spike my drink.'

'We'll keep an eye on it all night,' I insisted.

'Okay,' she agreed. 'We'll go.'

'I just thought we could do with asking some other people, Youtubers, girlfriends, about whether it was this bad for them.'

'Or we could forget about it all for a night and just spend some time together,' Misty insisted. 'Ian, I know this is because you're worried, but I promise I'm fine, babe.' Misty leaned in to kiss me and I kissed back, but I knew she wasn't okay. There was something up, and I was determined to get it out of her.

Misty stayed adamant that she was fine all evening, until it was time to go. Anthony and Kalel were joining us roughly an hour later. Misty pulled on her final red sandal and stood up straight. She looked beautiful: hair straightened, down to almost her hips, the longest I'd ever seen it. She wore a stunning black dress I'd never even seen before: it was short and floaty, with egyptian beading around the strapless neckline. It cinched in at the waist, accentuating Misty's perfect slim figure, but also curved around her breasts, forming a flattering hourglass shape. I was lost for words.

'Okay. I'm good. You ready?'

'Have been for like, 3 years.'

Misty wrinkled her nose.

'Well, I'm a guy! I'm not expected to look pretty. And you're not either, everyone already knows you're absolutely beautiful,' I smiled. 'And you look amazing tonight-'

'Shut u-'

'And not to mention, extremely cute.' Misty looked down and smiled shyly. I pulled Misty's head into mine for a long, slow, passionate kiss, our lips moving in perfect rhythm, tongues forming sparks. I placed my hands around her waist and continued kissing her, enjoying her touch, her feel, her heart gently thumping in her chest. I noticed that her heart still beated faster whenever I was kissing her or against her. Like it would never get old.

I pulled away and gave a little half-smile, trying to give an air of sexiness, but failed. Misty giggled.

'Nice try, babe.'

I grasped her hand, kissed it softly and wrapped my own around it. I swung it gently.

'Okay, now that was smooth,' Misty laughed.