Chapter XXXII ~ Misty ~ The explanation

Sorry it's so late- there was a performance tonight {which I was in the crew for, doing sound operation} so I only just got back. The next week will be super hectic as I have this production PLUS 2 weeks of exams every day but I pray I can get something up!

For the meantime, here's the new chapter. There's drama around the corner...

Chapter 32 ~ Misty Cooper

Song: Flume by Bon Iver

Ian drived away, looking worried through his false smile. He knew what was going on, and I felt bad. Mum's first question dived from her mouth before I had time to speak. Dad looked like the emotions of confusion and anger are fighting like twins over a toy in his head, and Stan just looked stunned, with an element of knowing.

'Why did you just kiss your roommate!?' she exclaimed, exasperated and making me nervous. My heart was thumping out my chest. I felt fear in the pit of my stomach.

'I thought you knew we were together!' I said in return, as I was as equally confused as my Dad. Earlier, she said that 'She knew', when Ian had offered me a seat upon his lap. Why was she now acting as if Ian had just humped me in front of her?

'No!' Mum answered, through a raised voice. She didn't seem to have much else to say.

'You could have said,' Dad joined in, obviously trying to have something to add on to the conversation, and trying not to appear a totally useless contribution to the conversation.

Stan stayed silent.

'Mum, or Dad, whichever of you it was, you said that it was okay, that you 'knew' about our relationship!'

'We never said that! I meant that I knew you wouldn't want to sit on Stan's lap. I was just pleased that you and your roommates were comfortable enough with each other...I didn't realise that you were...going out.'

I smacked a hand to my forehead as I opened the door with my hip to enter the hotel, still pulling a suitcase behind. 'I think sitting on somebody's lap sorta proves something. Well, at least you do know now, right?'

'I guess so,' she sighed, admitting defeat. 'Sorry,' she carried on. 'It just...shocked me. And your Dad. Stan?'

'What?' he murmured.

'You alright there?' Dad asked.

'Yeah. It's just...odd. Misty having a boyfriend. I'd kind of guessed, though.'

'Really?' I exclaimed in return.

'Yeah. You could tell by your facebook picture. You guys looked a bit too...close, to just be friends. But I don't mind. He's a nice guy, Ian. So is Anthony. It's Smosh that they do, right?'

'Yeah. Thanks, Stan...wait. You knew about Smosh?'

'Since ages ago. They're a super old Youtube channel. I recognized the house as soon as we arrived, and it all clicked into place. It's really cool, to be honest. Did you seriously not know them before you came?'

'Nope. Well, I knew the Pokemon theme video,' I said. 'But I know their channel well now, I guess!'

Stan nodded, smiling. I looked to Mum and Dad, who had now gone to check everything was okay at the desk, in the lobby, leaving me and Stan in the entrance. Hotel lobbies did not really own a good symbolic meaning for me. I sighed.

Stan lowered his voice. 'Do any, uh, fans know about you guys?' What an appropriate question, hence our surroundings.

'Sorta.' I was weighing up options in my head, whether to tell Stan about the situation. 'I'm gonna tell mum and dad soon...there's been articles. And some...hate mail.'