Let The Battle Begin

They were tired, sore, bruised to the tip of their toes; already at the verge of breaking down in front of each other, pushing their limits to the extend and meeting unimaginable expectations.

But they were also ready.

All geared up in protective wear, each having their own weapons, gadgets and gizmos. Thanks to Jongdae.

Training after training, it would be an understatement that tired was the only adjective to describe the team.

It was time to get their boy back.

They travelled through the spiral portal that connected the mundane world to the immortal one, although it took a lot of convincing Kris, assuring him he would arrive safely with his head attached to his neck and not his butt. One step in the portal and their were off.

The other end led them into the depths of a dark forest. The portal shrinking behind Minseok who was the last to step off. The forest wasn't was creepy but it held a mysterious vibe.

The midnight sky sparkled with stars of different colors - magenta, violet, royal blue, all representing the colors in the galaxy.

"Woah." Kris said in awe, colors blessing his eyes with its purity and saturation.

The stars twinkled brightly as it contrasted well with the dark colors, adding the subtle touch of shimmer. This was something Chanyeol had never seen before in his entire life of existence. He wondered if they were still on planet Earth.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Tao spoke, craning his neck up just like Chanyeol, looking at the mystical sky.

The taller nodded.

"When I was younger, I loved going out to the forests just to sky-gaze. I find it very relieving." The vampire told as a matter of fact.

He understood why, who wouldn't bother themselves out of their comforts to look up at a sky like that?

Kyungsoo cleared his voice, trying to capture everyone's attention. They turned to him.

"I hate to break the peaceful star gazing but we have a vampire to save."

Times were wasting and Chanyeol couldn't agree more. He needed to find his one and only now. The tingling feeling in his bones were certain when they shot through his spinal cord up his brain.

"Where to?" His determination stroke, eyes serious as he asked the pale, skinny vampire next to him.

Tao closed his eyes and placed two fingers on his temple, using his powers to sense where Baekhyun would be telepathically.

He opened his glass-liked eyes, pointing towards a narrow path that was also dark but lit enough for everyone to see.

"North."

Everyone followed suit.

Lighting flashed over the dark, mysterious palace. It would had looked beautiful if only the evil vibe was thrown out.

The King was lining up his soldiers. Inspecting each of their weapons and armor to ensure the trespassers won't make it until his lair. Even if they did, well, he had one last thing up his sleeve.

"They won't stand a chance." He chuckled lowly. All he had done was laugh in that low tone.

The head soldier grimaced at his words, wondering if he served a ruler or a psychopath.

They reached the palace. It looked like it came straight out of a horror movie, spikes lined the walls, the dark moat surrounding the towers, the lightning that flashed every often.