Only A Bite Away

03 May 2014

"Is it going to hurt?" Chanyeol asked. Tao raised an eyebrow. He put his cup of mocha latte down.

It was almost 10 at night and they were at a cafe in the mall near the club Chanyeol was working. The lather wanted to know more about the whole getting-bitten-by-a-vampire scenario. Hence, the reason why Tao wasn't at home opening his birthday presents he received last night at his birthday party. If not, those messages would kept coming like a tornado.

Tao chuckled once he realized what Chanyeol was talking about. "Oh, yeah. It's gonna hurt like hell." He teased. The way Tao said those words with such ease as he leaned back, arms crossed.

"What?!" Chanyeol yelled. The beverage spilled everywhere as Chanyeol squeezed his paper cup too tight. Obviously taking the answer very serious. Unfortunately, 'spilled everywhere' meant the coffee 'spilled on Tao'.

"Ya! I'm just messing with you." Tao immediately stood up. The beverage dripped from his clothes. He quickly pulled tissue papers out of the box to soak off the spilled coffee. Chanyeol was relieved and leaned back on his chair. He noticed his cup of coffee was empty.

Oh shit. A flash of pink appeared on his face. The smell of caramel, similar to the one in his coffee, was coming from Tao. The vampire gave him a death glare for ruining his favorite jeans.

Piles of tissue paper were starting to pile up on Tao's thighs and eventually almost reached underneath the coffee table. "Sorry about that." Chanyeol apologized for the thousandth time. "It's alright. It's alright." Tao said repeatedly, thought he was getting more annoyed. So, he waved Chanyeol to sit back in his own chair.

"Look, I didn't agree to come here so I could have you spill your drink over me." Tao eyed the human, who was still looking rather pinkish in embarrassment.

He signed. "I agreed because I felt like you should be prepared. Since you don't know so much about vampires." Tao straighten his posture and leaned in slowly.

Chanyeol did the same as he knew this was a secret meant to be kept from the world.

"Have you watched Twilight?" The question asked made Chanyeol confused at first but answered with a "no".

"Good. Cause what they filmed in that movie is nothing but lies." Tao said firmly, his voice was clear. The lather blinked. "Their bodies don't sparkle in the sunlight. We incinerate when we're weak."

Questions marks appeared on Chanyeol's head. "But I've seen Baekhyun walking under the sunlight without any harm." Tao shook his head, looking down. "When we're weak, we will incinerate." Tao explained again, emphasizing the word 'will'. Then, continued. "We're weak when we're low on blood."
"Oh." It was the only word that could come out of Chanyeol's mouth. Sometimes Tao wonders what Baekhyun sees in him.

"There's a lot you still need to know." Chanyeol nodded. He checked his wristwatch, he eyes widen a bit. "Crap! I gotta go. DJ-ing." He slowly stood up packing his things on the table. He swung his bag pack over his right shoulder and went off.

Chanyeol suddenly made a turn back when he remembered something. He rummaged through his bag. He pulled out a small wrapped box and placed it in front of Tao. The vampire looked up. "A gift for your birthday." Chanyeol said before leaving. Tao hesitated to open the box, but he did anyway. After opening it, he smiled.

Packages of instant coffee, and it's his favorite brand. Wonder who told Chanyeol that...

04 May 2014