Out Together

26th March 2014

A little over two months pasted and Chanyeol is having the life of his dreams. He's done really well in every course he chose, he has made new new friends, but the most important is finally, after two years he's got his best friend back.

It was a Monday which means, everybody has to gather at campus for the Principal's speech. Chanyeol stood way behind, since he's really tall and all the little shorties had to stood at front. Including Baekhyun. "Today's lunch soecials are Tacos, Burritos and Quesadillas. I say, get your Sombrero and Maracas cause we're going Mexico style!" The Principal usually makes the assembly fun, but, at least he's trying. By the end of his speech and announcements, he said that the university is going to have a dance on the 30th of March. And Chanyeol lid up. The latter was going to ask Baekhyun to the dance but he thought it'd be weird. Plus, he doesn't know how the brunet would react if he asked him out like their going on a date or something(which he IS planning on one day). The assembly finished and everyone went back to their classes.

During lunch break, Chanyeol got two tacos, a burrito and four freaking quesadillas cause, you know, he's in a conflict; deciding whether to ask a certain brunet to the dance or not. And to help him think, the latter needs food. A lot of food. He went to his usually table. "Woah, Chanyeol. Are you stressed or something?" Kyungsoo, seeing the pile of food on Chanyeol's tray, ask. "What does it look like? He always eats when he has problems." Jongin, being the know-it-all friend he is, replied while rolling his eyes. Chanyeol just ignored him, wondering why did Jongin even came to this university, considering he's a year younger than him but maybe he jumped grades or something. But Jongin is a really talented dancer so maybe it's not bad having him here. "Hey, are you gonna eat that? Thanks." Never mind. Jongin who broke his thoughts, leaned right and grabbed the latter's only burrito. "Can't you get your own? Cheez." the latter complained. "So, what's the problem this time?" Jongin who is happily munching the latter's burrito asked. "Its non of your business. I'm devastated and you taking away my lunch and eating it does not help." The latter rolled his eyes at Jongin, then, continues eating. "Let me guess. Wanting to ask Baekhyun to the dance?" Chanyeol spits his lunch. "H-how'd y-you" "It's totally obvious." The younger cut. "When we were in high school together, I saw the way you stare at him when he's beside his locker or in class. You're definitely in love with-" Jongin didn't get to finish his sentence when Chanyeol shoved his last piece of quesadilla into his mouth. Why? Cause a certain Byun Baekhyun is walking towards his table.

"Hey, guys." He waved. "Mind if I sit?" He grabbed an empty seat beside Jongdae. (Yes, he's in their group) "Hey, Baekhyun. Are you gonna ask anyone to the dance?" Kyungsoo, who's been forgotten a little, questioned. The petite brunet stared at him. "Um, I'm not going to the dance." "WHAT THE HELL?!?! I was going to ask YOU, this bitch." Chanyeol innerly screamed. Jongin smirked. "Why?" "Cause, well, I don't have a nice suit, I hate dancing in crowds and I don't have a date." "I can be your date." Jongdae raised his hand, then earning a kick from the brunet. Chanyeol just stayed quiet. This is his chance. But he has to wait from the right time.

The day ended with piles of homework on each of their desks. Baekhyun and Chanyeol both signed. They immediately got to their work. There was a long silence between them, except for the sound of bathroom breaks, Chanyeol broke it. "So, you don't have anyone to the dance with?" Baekhyun turned to him. Dammit. Why did he had to switch to his glasses? He looks so damn cute. The latter didn't realize him was staring at the brunet until he spoke, "Well, actually, I want to go but as I said before, I don't have anyone to go with." The brunet continued with his work. "Well, maybe, I could take y-you?" They stayed silence again. "Like what, you mean on a date-" "Shopping!" Chanyeol screamed as fast as he could before letting the brunet finish. "What?" "You said you don't have anything to wear, right? Let me take you shopping tomorrow. We have free periods after vocal course. Let's go shopping."
"Well, um, okay. If that's what you want to do." the brunet said.

Well, it's not like Chanyeol tried to deny the fact that he wants to ask the brunet out. He's scared that once he asked him out, Baekhyun will thinks he's gay (which he is) and their friendship will become into that weird stage where he ignores him for, who knows how long.

And actually, Baekhyun was, in fact, planning to ask Chanyeol to the dance but he's scared of two things. First, was exactly the same reason as Chanyeol's and second, he's scared of Turning Form. The dance is held on the 30th and its gonna be April soon. That's over a month away from his birthday. He does have much time.

27th March 2014

After vocal course, they were lucky that Mr. Jung didn't give them a project. They went back to their dorm and of course, showered. Baekhyun blushed a little when he saw the tall latter only in towel. Baekhyun split on jeans, a red hoodie and white high tops. Chanyeol went with his classic flannel over a black shirt and dark blue pants. Putting on a pair of black Converse before heading out.

They went out of campus to town. The mall they went to wasn't that far away from campus so they have plenty of time to spear. Shops after shops after shops. Most of them sell various snapbacks which Chanyeol already had which made the brunet think why can't Chanyeol open up a store and sell them. They went inside a store called 'Nic Nacs' which is full of suits and fancy clothing items. The latter started picking out a few suits for the brunet and honestly, is the most annoying thing he's ever done. Baekhyun got really annoyed when Chanyeol is CONSTANTLY picking fancy suits for him and he is 'this' close to kicking him in the crotch. After many hopeless tries, there's one that really made the brunet stood out. The maroon color really brings out his completion. Plus, it's the right size. Chanyeol couldn't help but stare at the petite brunet when he looks so, beautiful. 'Fantastic.' He thought. "We'll take it."

After helping picking Chanyeol a pair of shoes, they went to the counter. As Baekhyun was going to pay for it, Chanyeol slammed his credit card down. "No, no, no. I said I'm taking you shopping and I'm paying." The cashier slide the card down with a 'ding'. Then putting the clothing items into paper bags. The brunet stared at it blankly. "W-what? But, h-how am I suppose t-to p-pay you b-back?" He shuttered. Chanyeol smirked as he took the bags and gave one to Baekhyun. "There's no need. Think of it as, a super early birthday present." He smiled. 'Birthday' Baekhyun thought. What's he gonna do? Choose Chanyeol or be a living creature in the form a stone forever? He has to be quick as time doesn't wait for anyone. Ever.

They bid goodbye to the store owners, they went to the food stall. Chanyeol ordered a caramel waffles and obviously, Baekhyun can't have any of it because of his diet. He just sat there and stared at them. The latter was enjoying himself with the deliciousness if the waffles he didn't realize that the brunet in front of him was drooling. Baekhyun couldn't help it. He's hungry. He can feel his fangs slowly coming out so he covered his mouth. "What's that problem?" Chanyeol looked up, with a few pieces of waffles in his mouth. The way he looks is like a puppy eating it's food. So cute. "Nothing. I just have to use the restroom. Excuse me." He stood up, still covering his mouth.

He went to the nearby restroom and luckily, no one was inside. "Good." Relieved, he put his hand down and there they were. The fangs that are now visibly hanging from his upper row of teeth. He went into the empty stall and locked the door. Opened the cap of his bottle and red crimson blood is in it. To avoid the blood staining on his teeth and to keep Chanyeol from questioning, he placed a straw in it and happily sipped his red beverage. "Ahhh." Feeling refreshed and recharged.

Chanyeol was waiting for him outside the restroom. Baekhyun passed by him without noticing the latter, so Chanyeol creeped up and, "Boo!" "Ahhhh!!!!" Baekhyun tumbled backwards with his butt hitting the floor. The latter was laughing hard, holding his stomach. Baekhyun placed his pretty hand on his chest, slowly catching his breathe. "You scared me." The latter got up, wiping the tears of laughter from his eyes. "Asshole." The brunet scolded. "Alright, alright. Wifey." Chanyeol called. "What?! I'm not you're wife! I'M NOT EVEN A GIRL!" Baekhyun punched the taller playfully. Chanyeol placed his hand over the shorter's shoulders which made Baekhyun blushed. "You know, it's been a great day. Hanging out with you." You smiled, and made Baekhyun blushed even more. The latter noticed it, since Baekhyun is so pale, he's as red as a tomato. "Me too. And thank you for today."