His True Nature

The more he resisted, the greater hid hunger became. Thus, the more dangerous it got. His throat became very dry. He could hear the sound of a heartbeat, the scent of blood; it was all too much for Baekhyun. Somewhere deep inside his mind, a voice tried to persuade him to do what he had been avoiding for so long.

The image of the robber guy he encountered a few months ago played in his head.

How he bit him, how his blood tasted. Not the best choice of red liquid but the feeling of drinking - straight from a human being was good.

Chanyeol's neck was right above his mouth, the red substance underneath the skin was tempting. He could see the direction of where the human's blood going. Even in his state, he can see the beads of sweat forming on the lather. Baekhyun held the lather's head and neck according to where vampires would usually bite.

Baekhyun tried with all his power to resist. He was breathing heavily, his chest was moving up and down noticeably. He looked liked he had just ran a marathon. Beads of sweat were dripping down from his forehead to the center of his throat. His hair was sticking to his forehead. The colour red filtered his vision. Soon, his eyes became very crimson, his two upper kyanite teeth were elongating and sharpening. The lather above him witnessed everything and yet, he had to remained calm because this was all part of the plan.

Chanyeol and Tao discussed the plan and concluded that in order for Baekhyun to bite, his hunger must take over him completely. As in, Baekhyun was gonna lose control. Only then, he could bite without the feeling of hurting someone. Tao also told Chanyeol about the slight change in looks which will occur before the hunger has taken over. However, the risk was that Baekhyun could overdo it. Possibly sucking all the blood from him. Thus, leaving him at risk of a low amount of blood. In other words, the petite could make a meal out of him. But there was no other way. Like Chanyeol said, "I'll do anything to keep him safe."

Even if it meant risking his life. But hey, Baekhyun was gonna risk his life not to hurt Chanyeol; physically.

As steady as he could, the vampire lowered the human's head, just to get a quick sniff of him. (Chanyeol shivered.) But it only made it worst. Baekhyun was looking rather sickly pale. He was sweating a lot. His veins were beginning to show up under his skin - on his neck, arms and the outer corners of his red eyes. Dark blue and grayish-green lines appeared that he was really holding it back hard, so hard that his hair started turning black from the roots.

The male was hesitating, whether or not if he could make up an explanation that could make sense to Chanyeol if he bit him or the decision to leave the lather after they were done. Funny how he could even think of it at this very moment. The voices inside his head were screwing him, louder and louder, pushing him to his limits.

"Come on. You're dying for it."

"That blood will cure this hunger of yours."

"You deserve this, little vamp. You fucking deserve this."

"Especially after so long, this is your fucking chance. It's now or feel the pain."

The voices were swallowing  him up inside.

"One quick, little bite wouldn't hurt, right?"