Chapter Forty-one

Five Days Later...(Monday)

Today is Monday and mom says I'm going to school, just too how things go. Things have still been weird, malcom calls everyday to check on me since mom gave me back my phone, but i haven't heard from Casie nor Brad. I've gotten the hang of pushing myself around and kind of helping myself.

Ms.Martha helped me got ready this morning and fixed breakfast for me then david helped me in the car.

"Are you sure about today?" Mom asked and i nodded. I hate staying at home locked up inside.

"Just so you know, i asked Tyreke and Malcom to keep an eye on you and to help you get around," she spoke and i looked at her.

"Mom i can help myself, you didn't have to do that, i already told you i didn't need body guards," i spoke then sighed and shook my head.

"No you can't, you can't walk, you're hand is broken, you're in a wheelchair, you're gonna need help," she spoke and i looked out the window. I hate being helpless.

"Will they be taking me to the girls room too?" I asked and she sighed.

"Don't worry about that you're friend Carla as volunteered," she spoke and i sighed.

I sat there thinking about how my neck was feeling a little better and i didn't tell her. I could kind of turn it now and that was progress.

The door opened and david got the wheelchair. We were here. Alot of people were outside just looking in our direction. David lifts me out and put me in the wheel chair then I took my bag from mom and put it on my lap.

"Hey," i turned just to see Tyreke smiling at me.

"Hey," i called back to him and mom smiled then david got in and they drove away.

I fixed my hair behind my ear, something any girl would do in an awkward moment unless you're hair isn't that long enough. Everyone stood looking and talking about me, i guess and it was making me regret coming.

"Are you ready to go in?" Tyreke asked and i looked away from everyone to him.

"Ahh, yea sure," i answered with a forced smile then he walked around and started pushing the wheelchair as we headed inside.

Everyone stared, some whispered and some even laughed, while some others looked shocked. He pushed me through the door and over to my locker.

"It's ok, i can take it from here,," i smiled at him.

"Are you sure your mom said-" he began

"I don't care what my mom said, i can take care of myself," i spoke then he nodded and slowly walked away.

I opened my locker and took out the books i need for class with my one hand.

"Well, look who it is," i heard then turned the wheel chair around to see who it was. It was Sasha. "If it isn't Wheels," she spoke and the two girls beside her laughed.

I rolled my eyes and turned around back to my locker.

"That's right wheels, we're back," she whispered in my ear then she and the girls laughed and walked away.

"Hey, you made it," Carla walked up to me after i closed the locker door.

"Yea, i made a stupid decision and showed up," i spoke and pushed myself off.

"No you didn't," she followed behind me hugging on to her books.

"Yes i did, now leave me alone," i said and continued off down the hall and she seemed to have stopped.