Chapter Forty-nine

I turned myself to feel more comfortable in the bed. I had fallen asleep.

"Hey," i heard as opened my eyes. It was brad, he was just sitting on the bed looking at me.

"How are you feeling?" He lightly ran his finger over my forehead.

"Better," i answered and he smiled. "How long was i out?" I asked.

"Three days," he spoke and i gasped.

"What? I was asleep for three days?" I asked sitting up and he smiled.

"No, I'm just joking babe, you were just out for three hours," he spoke and i sighed. I was thinking, so christmas went on without me?

"Oh, i would have hated missing christmas," i spoke and he smiled." What happened while i was asleep?" I asked.

"Umm...the detective and the police came, they searched the area for any evidence that they missed," he spoke.

"Really?" I asked. I wanted to talk with her.

"Yea, i think they might be close in finding out the killer,"he spoke and i sighed.

"That's great...cause i mean, who would want to kill Miss. Martha?" I asked shaking my head.

"I don't know, but we'll find out," he spoke and i hugged him.

"Watch the hand," i heard him and i pulled away and looked at my hand.

"It's ok, it's healing," i spoke then his phone rang.

"Sorry, gotta take it," he spoke then he got up and exit the room.

I got out of the bed and went to use the bathroom.

"Sorry, it was my mom," i heard him as i washed my hands.

"What was she saying?" I asked after drying my hands then walking out.

"The family arrived yesterday and I'm not there to help out with them and it's christmas eve," he spoke and as i walked over to him.

"So? Does this mean you have to go?" I asked.

"Yea," he answered and sighed.

"Ok," i spoke.

"But i don't have any ride," he spoke and that's when i remembered malcom and casie were nowhere to be found. I tried to think of something.

"What if i come with you, you could drive my car, plus, mom is having a dinner tonight and i wanted you to come," i walked up to him.

"That could work," he agreed.

"Yes," i spoke and he smiled.

"And you could get to meet my family, I've met yours," he said and i nodded. Anything for him.

"Let's get going then," i said and kissed his cheek then walked to the door. First i had to talk with mom.

"Hey, how are you?" Kalissa asked after i exited the room. She was walking diwn the hallway.

"I'm feeling fine actually," i answered and she smiled." Have you seen my mother?" I asked before she coukd walk away.

"Yea she with everybody outside," she answered then i gave her a thumbs up and continued down the hall.

I exited the house and saw almost everyone looking at the house and talking, having a jolly time

"Oh hey honey, i heard what happened, are you ok?" She asked looking away from Aunty Alicia to me.

"Yea, stop worrying," i answered.

"Your my only daughter honey, i have to worry," she spoke and she and Aunty Alicia laughed, i just gave a smiled.