Say You Won't Let Go

Okay so in honor of the one year anniversary of hiddleswift slaying the met gala and this song giving me all the feels this weekend... I wrote a little something:)

It had been a long day of working on my new album in my New York apartment. Due to my basic house arrest -as I was instructed to stay out of sight by my PR managers after all that had happened the past summer- I spent all my time dedicated to my new work. But nights, nights were my time. Especially when he was here. Thankfully he had a break as well and so he agreed to fly to New York to keep me company as I toiled away at this new album.
Due to my business I usually only saw him at night. At night when I could forget my work and just bask in his presence. It was dark with nothing but the moonlight as I laid wrapped in his arms in my king sized bed, the city alive and bustling below us.

"Hey did you know we first met a year ago today?" He said softly, playing with my hair.
I shifted to face him, "What made you remember this cheesy fact?" I said jokingly though I adored his sentimental thoughts.
"How could I forget the date of the night that changed my life? I met you in that ballroom of the Met Gala. You, the only girl not cool enough to dance pathetically with me. You took my breath away. We danced the night away. We drank to much-"

"Oh I remember" I cooed resuming my position of snuggling in his arms. I allowed myself to be transported back to that night.

I remember him smiling at me. At the time I was dating another man, our relationship was on the rocks. But I was too drunk to care. Until I saw him. I met him in the dark, he lit me up. He took my hand and twirled me through the night. Despite everything that was going on, my inward feelings of negativity and despair, He made me feel as though I was enough. As we danced I knew I falling for him. For a minute I was stone cold sober. Even though I had someone at home I could not deny the blatant admiration I felt for him in that moment.

"I knew I loved you then," I spoke. He looked surprised. I had never disclosed this to him. He had told me multiple times how he fell in love with me that night but I had never told him the same. But now I knew.

"I knew you would never tell," I laughed "'cause I played it cool. Because I was still afraid of letting go... of him. I knew I needed you but how could I show? Everything was so complicated. But believe me when I say I want to stay with you."

He pulled back so he could see my face. I tried to hold back a tear. I don't know why I was crying I guess he wrapped me in his sentimental nostalgia.

"I see a future with you, Taylor" he spoke calmly, confidently.  "I can't wait until I get to wake up to you every day for the rest of my life. Make you breakfast in bed. Take our children to school, and thank my lucky stars for that night."

"Oh stop," I laughed brushing a tear from my cheek. "No one ever stays." I joked but he could see through the truth behind my playful banter. He shook his head and brushed my hair aside.

"I want to love you until we are old and grey. I'm so in love with you. I hope you know. Darling your love is more than it's worth in gold. I guess I could no help but feel a bit nostalgic tonight, reminiscing on that night a year ago that started it all. We've come so far my dear. That night I would have never accounted for all the trials this love would put us through, all the hardships, sacrifices, all the pain. But there's also been so much love. Love I never even knew I had. And if I had the choice to do all over again I would. Because I adore you, I knew it the minute I met you. 'Cause you are everything I've ever wanted. 'Cause you are always there for me when I need you most. I'm going to love you dear til my lungs give out."

His words stirred my heart to tears. I curled into his warm embrace and whispered through the crook of his neck.
"Just say you won't let go."

//
PLEASE LEAVE ME HAPPY COMMENTS IF YOU LIKED IT!! (Note: all words in italics are not mine, they're the song lyrics!)