Hearts Don't Break Around Here (part 3)

This is part three of my One Shot inspired by Ed Sheeran's song "Hearts Don't Break Around Here."
All words in italics are not mine and yes they are not all the exact Ed lyrics I know. I had to alter them a bit. But please enjoy and leave comments okay thank you!!!!

We walked down the street and I stoped when I realized where we had wandered.
"Where are we?" I laughed out.
"The Colosseum of course."
"No, where are we?" I stressed the where this time.
"I like to think of it as the place where it all began."
We walked inside and made our way inside retracing all the same steps we had took many months ago.
"You know this was not really our first date right?"
"I know. That was Rhode Island where I kissed you in that rock two miles away from your home in Watch Hill." He said in a matter of fact tone. I was taken aback at his precise memory. It made me question how long his heart had been turning inside over our time together. It also made me question if he had this whole thing planned. No, he definitely had this whole thing planned.
"This is where it all started for me." He spoke looking out into the city. The sun was beginning to set.
"In this very moment, months ago on that June night, I knew I loved you. I knew from the moment I met you. But it was here I finally accepted it and fully embraced the feeling." He paused. "I still love you Taylor."
He spoke so simply, with no effort to confess his feelings. He made emotions effortless. I was forever in awe.
"Tom I-"
"I don't expect you to say those words back to me. I do not want you to feel any pressure or inclination to do so. I just want you to know I cannot ignore these feelings anymore. I cannot just sit here and visit your friends and hear your voice on the radio and feel this way. I needed to tell you, in person. I am not expecting anything back."
He took a deep breath. I could only imagine the intense fear he felt before getting that off his chest.
"You know..." I began. I almost stopped but then finally realized my guard needed to come down. And so I proceeded with speaking with my heart. "I would not have travelled all the way to Rome, during a busy schedule and for just anyone, if I did not also share some left over feelings."
He finally looked at me. He had hope in his eyes. It was beautiful. He was beautiful.
Fields and trees and his smell fill my lungs. We both turned to watch the sun set over the gorgeous city.
"You know there is one other reason I brought you here. It's more of a symbolic, maybe poetic reason but a reason nonetheless."
I turned to look in his eyes. I do not even know what made me do it, maybe my heart, but I instinctively grabbed for his hand so I could hold it in mine. Without hesitation he continued.
"Rome is built on ruins you know. And it is quite breathtaking. What makes you think... we cannot be too?"
"We are in love aren't we?" I spoke softly.
"Truth is I never stopped."
With that came the unexpected. Without concrete thought or explanation we both leaned in for a long overdue kiss. I know I said fairytales do not exist but maybe, just maybe in this moment they did.
"You know hearts don't break around here."
He said in the most soothing yet confident tone I had ever heard. His words escaped his lips like milk and honey.
"I promise you. I won't break your heart. Not this time. Not ever. You can feel safe and loved with me. You don't have to comeback, we don't have to date, you don't have to stay. But know you will always be welcomed and safe with me."

This is probably the last part... did you all enjoy it? I want to know what you thought!! PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS OKAY GOODNIGHT