♚ sixteen.

chapter sixteen | the bad times

It felt like a ton of bricks fell on my body. Those words kept replaying in my head. Mia is dead.
I was living in a nightmare. I thought we had more time they said we had more time. I wasn't ready like I said I would be.

" odell baby are you okay? "

" yea i just wanna be left alone right now please "

I was only 18 at the time and I just lost my bestfriend. She was diagnosed with cancer and she was so scared. I remember those long nights of her crying saying she didn't want to die. She wasn't only my bestfriend she was my girlfriend.

It's been six years since that day and today was her birthday. She always talked about being in her 20's and doing whatever she wanted.

" when im like 22 oh boy oh boy the world ain't ready for me " i could hear her say. I wish there was a rewind button on life.

" yea they wasn't ready for you baby " i placed the flowers on her tombstone. I couldn't help but think about the time when we first made love.

" odell? baby wake up "

" what what huh? time is it " i looked at the time seeing it was 4 in the am.

" do you love me? " she asked i looked at her shocked.

" really mia i think i just showed you how much i loved you "

" eww you dog so you getting between my legs tells me that you love me " she smacked me with the pillow.

" I'm talking about the speech I gave you before but I mean if you like what we did " i wiggled my eyebrows grabbing her waist.

" baby stop no seriously do you really love me ? " I looked into those beautiful hazel eyes I was in love with the girl I was with.

" yes im madly in love with you, meeting you was the best moment of my life i can't wait to marry you, have kids with you, i can't wait to just spend the rest of my life with you, you have been there for me when nobody wasn't never gave up on me you've done a lot for me im not saying this because of what we've done I'm saying this because there's a million people in this world but none of them are like you and I'm glad to have got to meet a beautiful person like you and say you'll be my wife soon "

" well damn babe you could just said yes " she laughed.

" are you serious! " I turned my back towards her.

" I'm just kidding I'm so thankful that your mine you mean the world to me and no other boy or even a girl could take me away from you I will love you forever and I mean that " she kissed my cheek.

" I don't know what I'll do without you sometimes promise me you'll never leave me"

" I promise "

She may not be here physically but I know she's watching over me.

" yo bro we about to let the balloons go " her brother jarvis said to me. I walked past the living room but that's when I heard someone talking.

" omg I look so beautiful Mia the world ain't ready for you baby "

I peeked my head in the living room seeing her. Was I dreaming or was this real. It wasn't her but it was her before she got sick she had this glo. She looked so beautiful dressed in all white.

" you know they say it's rude to stare " that's when she turned around and looked at me.

" you look good baby but I can see you haven't been sleeping though " she said playing with my curls.

" I miss you so much is this really real or am I going crazy? " she laughed I was able to see that beautiful smile again.

" this is real, me and god had a long talk and he finally agreed to letting me see you because I need to tell you something " I could see whatever she had to tell me was bothering her.

" I need you to find love again those one night stands will not help you .. yes I see what you be doing you ain't slick so listen to me you just can't sleep with every girl thinking it's going to take the pain away the smoking and drinking partying doesn't help you gotta move on "

" I can't mia, you promise to never leave me "

" and I didn't there's a piece of me still here waiting for their father to meet them "

" wait what? father mia you were pregnant! why didn't you tell me "

" I didn't know how I was shocked he even made it after all the medications I didn't get big because I was so weak he was a premature look after I had him I told my aunt to watch him for me and that you'll find him one day "

" him you had a boy what's his name "

" Tyler you said you always wanted to name your son that so why not ... make sure he knows who knows who his mommy is " she said smiling while a few tears slipped.

" but you can't do it alone there's a women out there just like me waiting for you someone who needs you and you need her "

" I can't mia "

" you can listen to me you will always have apart of me "

" I gotta go.. I love you odell " I pulled her into a hug i wish this moment didn't have to end.

" I love you mia " that's when i felt her sweet lips touch mine. Then she was gone. I opened my eyes looking at the picture I had of her.

" odell come on "

That's when I ran outside looking for mia's aunt Maria. " maria! where is he "

" she told me you'll find him "