Chapter 46: Gone

Chapter 46

Gone

Joey's POV

            "Shit," I rubbed my face as Brian stared at me.

            "She just needs some cooling off time," Brian mumbled more to himself than me. I sat on the couch mentally hitting myself. That didn't go the way I thought it would. She hated me and Darren. I should have told her the minute I found out.

            "Joey," Brian's voice was timid and I knew his anger was waiting to bubble out, "Why didn't you tell me Darren and my sister had sex?" I stared at him realizing another person was now pissed off on me.

            "I should have said, I know. Okay? And I should have told Emily, I know. But, I couldn't. It wasn't my place to tell." I swallowed and Brian gave me a small nod.

            "I'm going to fucking kill him," Brian muttered under his breath. And I gave him a small sad smile. We heard the shower turn on and we gave each other a confused look.

            "Why is she taking a shower?" Brian asked, "She should have taken one at her dorm." I shrugged, it was odd that she was taking one here, because she never did, but she probably also didn't want to have to see us yet—or well, me.

            The door flew open and I stood up expecting it to be Darren. I was ready to kill him along with Brian.

            "Hey guys," Walker said grinning, but the grin quickly fell when he noticed Brian and I. "Whoa, what's going on?" He asked and I shook my head not knowing what to say.

            "Darren and Emily had...sex," Brian said through gritted teeth. Walker's eyes widened.

            "Idiot," he muttered and shook his head.

            "And she was drunk and didn't know and Darren just told her," I said quickly. Joe took a deep breath understanding why there was a lot of tension in the room.

            There was a thud in the bathroom which caused Brian and I to rush to the door.

            "Ems," I shouted, "Are you okay?" My heart pounded against my chest as we only heard the water splashing as a response.

            "Maybe she can't hear me," I muttered. "Emily!" I tried louder, I was expecting to hear her annoyed voice telling me to go away, but instead nothing.

            "Emily! It's your brother, say something!" Brian shouted annoyed with a hint of despair and I knew that if she could hear him she would say something.

            "Okay, that's it, we're breaking down the door," I said my heart pounding I rammed myself against the door, but it did nothing.

            "Joey, move out of the way," Walker said coming to aid us. I quickly turned around as Walker pushed his foot out and kicked the door. It quickly flew open and I was stuck still as I realized what had happened.

            Emily laid on the ground with blood pouring from her arms.

            "Shit," Walker said reacting faster than Brian and I could even breathe. His shirt was off within seconds and pressed against her cuts.

            "Joey, get your car," Walker exclaimed and I blinked not sure what his words meant. I couldn't move. All I could do was stare at Emily's broken body.

            Brian moved faster than me. "Keys, Joey," he said and my shaky hand pulled them out of my pocket. I handed them to him and he dashed out of the room.

            Time seemed to slow down as Walker adjusted himself to pick up Emily. I wanted to help, but I couldn't.

            "Emily," he whispered to her, "Can you hear me?" He tried to wake her up, but she wouldn't and I knew it was, because she didn't want to. And it was all my fucking fault.

            Brian honked on the horn and I wanted to ask Walker if he needed help, but I couldn't get the words out. He carefully picked her up and dashed out of the room. I followed quickly. I saw Brian jump out of the driver's seat and give Walker the keys not trusting himself to drive. Brian climbed into the back and I moved on autopilot. I got into the passenger seat and I wanted to watch the road to make sure that Walker wasn't going to run into anything as he sped through town, but instead I was looking back at Brian and Emily.

            Brian had placed Emily's head in his lap and was pushing her hair off her face.

            "You're going to be okay, Em," he whispered and I didn't need to hear his voice crack to know that he was crying. He had lost all of his anger now and was only focused on his younger sister as she laid in the back seat of my car bleeding out.

            "If you can hear me Ems, keep holding on. Do you remember that time when you were little and you hurt your ankle?" He gave a weak laugh to himself, "I was there for you in the back seat of the car and I'm here for you now as well. Just keep holding on." I squeezed my eyes shut as the tears came crawling in. I couldn't lose her.

            We pulled up to the Emergency center faster than we should have, but I didn't care about the laws Walker broke while on the way here. All I cared about was Emily. Walker jumped out of the car and gently grabbed her from Brian knowing that he was the strongest out of the three of us.

            I took a deep breath as we entered the hospital. All I could think about was how many people entered here and never left?

            But, Emily wouldn't be one of those. She couldn't be. I wouldn't allow it.

            Brian sat next to me in the waiting room. I still was numb and the only movement I had were my shaky hands and legs. Walker had left to go inform everyone what was going on, because we had left in such a hurry and had forgotten our phones. Brian had also asked Joe to grab him his phone so he could notify his parents.

            I turned to look at Brian who currently had his head in his hands. He pulled up to look at me with tears in his eyes.

            "Joey, I'm scared," his voice cracked and a tear slide down his cheek.

I gave him a sad smile, "Me too, Brian. Me too."

----***----

A/N:

Hey guys!

This has been a loooong week. Oh wait. It's only freaking Monday.

The retreat I'm on is all about government and speeches and setting up your own government. And I have to wake up early and it goes on till late at night and just my goodness. It's a lot. What did I get myself into?

But posting chapters helps me feel a little better sooo here we go.

Also once again my posting is going to be a little weird because my free tine is all over the place lol