Chapter 37: Suspicious

Chapter 37

Suspicious

Days passed by and I had nearly forgotten about the party and Darren and the missing memories. And even Azazel was slowly starting to fade. Which I had to assume was, because I had been spending a significant amount of my free time with Joey and he kept me in reality and not dwelling on my past.

"Are you coming to the group hang tonight?" Joey asked me as I attempted to crush him at Call of Duty, but he kept killing me.

"Am I invited?" I asked. I wanted to go, but I wasn't sure if I was included as part of the group or not.

"Uh, yeah," Joey said and I shrugged.

"Yeah, I'll go," I was in deep concentration. "Where the hell are you hiding?!" I asked confused. Suddenly, Joey's guy jumped up from behind me and knifed me. I gasped and rolled my eyes.

"Not cool, dude," I groaned and he nudged me while laughing.

"We've been playing this for days now. How have you not figured out that's my signature move?!" I frowned as I finally made the connection that, that was how he killed me nearly every time.

"Hey! You can't do that," I laughed at my complaint though.

"It's called strategy, honey," I blushed at the nickname, but frowned as he continued to speak, "Maybe you should try it some time."

"I do!" My voice cracked in annoyance, "That's why I always die!" He laughed at me before ending the game so we could get ready for the hangout.

"Where are Brian and Joe?" I asked and Joey shrugged. I felt slightly guilty that I came over to the apartment all the time now, but I never saw my own brother. But, it seemed that whenever I came over he was gone. I secretly wondered if Joey planned that or if Brian planned it so he could hang out with Sammy.

Just thinking about their relationship together made me want to puke, but I didn't say or do anything, because they were happy together so it didn't matter what I thought. I just wanted them to be happy anyways so I didn't really have an argument, besides the fact that I just didn't like them together.

Joey drove me over to the Lang's and we didn't bother worrying about Joe and Brian, they could figure out their own situation. Worst comes to worst, we agreed, that they could walk.

We walked into the Lang's and were shocked to find everyone was already there including Joe and Brian.

"Sorry, we're late...apparently?" Joey laughed and I gave an awkward chuckle.

"You're fine," Darren said looking at Joey, but barely looking at me. I was surprised to find that he was still doing that awkward avoiding thing to me. I tried to understand what I had done that made him become so mad at me. If he continued to be like this, I was going to have to confront him. I noticed he had an arm tightly around Julia and I successfully pushed down my jealousy by turning to talk to Joey.

"You guys want to play Never Have I Ever?" I had expected Jaime to have been the one to suggest it, but it was my brother. Everyone nodded and I eagerly got into the circle.

Thanks to Meredith I was ready for my turn this time.

"Never have I ever..." I trailed off for the dramatic effect then I winked at Mer so she'd get what my move was, "had sex." Everyone, but Meredith groaned and put down a finger just as I had expected. But, what I didn't expect was to have someone's eyes on me afterwards. I turned to Darren assuming that would get him to stop staring, but he continued to burn holes into me.