Chapter 11: Just Friends

Chapter 11

Just Friends

Emily's POV

I laid my head on Joey's chest without much thought and I found an odd sense of comfort. I could hear his heart beat and being this close to him, or any guy for that matter, caused mine to pick up speed.

Suddenly the door flew open causing us both to jump away from each other. I was suddenly chilly from being away from Joey's warm body.

"Hey!" My brother's eyes locked at mine and he grinned. "What you doing here?" He asked and I smiled back.

"I just came over to hang," I shrugged running on a high of the emotions I felt being next to Joey's body.

"Awesome!" Brian said jumping to the couch and forcing his way in between Joey and I. I frowned wanting to be close to Joey and not be touching my brother.

"Ugh Brian," I groaned as he threw an arm around me and pulled me into his chest. He chuckled at my annoyance.

"Come on sis, when was the last time we all hung out together?" I shook my head at him.

"Uh, like two days ago." He gave me a look then laughed.

"Huh, guess you're right." He lessened his grip around me and I took my chance to scoot over to the other side of the couch. "So what were you two kids doing without me?" Brian asked curiously and my cheeks heated up as I remembered Joey and I's conversation.

"Oh nothing," I blurted a little too quickly and Brian caught on, but he took it the wrong way.

"Is there something you need to tell me?" Brian asked his eyes suddenly turned stern and mine widened as I realized what he was thinking. He turned away from me, "Joey?" Joey's face heated up slightly, but he played nonchalantly to which I silently thanked him.

"Nope, just two friends hanging out and talking." He shrugged and I was thankful he didn't tell Brian about my crush on Darren. My brother turned to me thinking he could get me to break.

"Emilyy?" He drew out my name to cause me to flinch, but it didn't work.

"Nothing happened," I rolled my eyes at my brother.

"Better not have," he stared at me again and I gave a laugh at my stupid older brother.

"Trust me, nothing will happen between me and Joey. We don't like each other like that. Honest," I gestured my hands at Joey to get him to speak up.

"Yeah," Joey swallowed before finishing, "We're just friends." Suddenly Brian bursted out laughing.

"Gotcha!" He shouted. Joey and I shared a confused look. "I know you guys would never do anything," he continued to laugh while Joey and I didn't move not getting the joke, "I mean come on, you're my younger sister! It's like the bro code or some shit." Brian's words caused my heart to sink as I realized Darren would never date me, or even like me for that matter. Even if he and Julia broke up, which they wouldn't, he couldn't date me because I'm Brian's younger sister. He could never like me.

"Besides, you two obviously have no chemistry together," Brian added and I gave a slight nod in agreement, but my thoughts were still on Darren. What about Darren? I wondered to myself. Did he see chemistry between me and Darren? Probably not, how could he? Darren didn't like me like that, no one did. Because, no one could.

I'm lucky to even have friends, so I supposed I had to be happy with what I could get.

----***----

A/N:
So sorry this chapter was very short and posted later than usual
I've got a bad headache so I was just like screw it lol
Sorry again
there will be a chapter update tomorrow though :)