• S3 | Unfolding Truth | #5.0

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, just fainted. But I'm fine, I'm here" I smiled as he nodded his head. "And that what matters" he said as the woman walked up setting the tea cup in front of me. "Drink up" my grandma said as I looked at her with a fake smile. Josh mumbled "get out" as I tried really hard not to laugh.

"I'm not that thirsty anymore, are you cooking tonight?" I asked as she smiled. "Well Diana have been doing the cooking, im getting too old for that stuff" she said sitting down. "Grandma it's been six months since I've left" I laughed. "Boy and I've retired" she chuckled making me smile. That's the Normal her I was waiting for.

"You can go hang with your friend" I mumbled to josh as he was just sitting there texting. "You sure?" He asked as I nodded my head. "I'll walk you out" I mumbled before standing up. "I'll see y'all in a bit, have to run a few Arron's while I'm in town, see some people" he said as they all waved him bye.

We walked towards the door away from everybody. He put his hand on my chest. "Your heart is bounding bae, are you sure?" He asked again. "Yeah, they don't know, that I know. So I'm fine. Plus I don't think they would hurt me, not if my real parents have people protecting me" I chuckled as he smiled. He kissed me as we bumped into the wall. "I love you" he mumbled before kissing me again. "I love you too. Don't smoke nor do anything illegal. I know your friend josh" I said as he laughed walking to the car. "I'm serious bruh" I yelled.

He waved me away as I closed the door. Ms.Diana was in the kitchen cooking as I stood there. "I'm Yandel" I smiled walking in as she patted her hands dry. "Ms.Diana, an old friend of your grandparents." She said before stirring the pot. "I've never seen you before, did you just move into town?" I asked as she just smiled. "Yeah" she said still smiling as I chuckled. "It was nice meeting you" I said walking out the kitchen. "Oh hell nah" I mumbled to myself.

"Hey mahmah, do you still have that box I gave you?" I screamed as I was walking down the hall. "The wooden one?" She replied. "Yeah that one?" I asked as she got up. "No I'll get it grandma" I said. "It's in my room, by the TV stand" she yelled as I walked down to there room.

Sighing as I stood there, looking around. What is it that I'm looking for, a clue something shit. I though as I start opening their dresser, searching through clothes but nothing. I opened the closet going through stuff neatly putting it back like they had it. I rushed out the room peaking in the living room as they were all sitting and talking.

Okay I still have time, I thought to myself as I walked back into there room. "If I was a secret where would I be?" I asked out loud standing by the time. "I would be in here" my grandpa said scaring the shit out of me as I jumped. He handed me the wooden box laughing at my reaction. "You got something hidden in that box we don't know about?" He asked as I played it cool. "It's called a secret for a reason right" I winked walking out the room nervous.

My grandmother walked passed me as I was walking back into the living room. Sitting on the couch in front of my parents as they talked among themselves looking at pictures. My grandmother walked back in with the photo book as she handed them to my mom. "Come Yan" she said patting the seat between her and my dad as I got up squeezing between them.

"Look at you so young and cute, your first trip to Disney world" she said as I was on my grandpa back smiling extra hard. Sorta making me chuckle as we went through our old photo. All the good memories we've shared filled my heart as the thoughts that Marian told me slipped my mind until one photos popped up.

"Didn't think we still had this photo, Faith you was fine girl. Look at them thigh high boots" my mom laughed flashing the picture to my grandmother as she put it back in the box. I picked it up as they continue to go through the photos. The number 12-99 caught my eye as I remembered those numbers from Marian desk. I flipped the photo back over looking at the other couple that was beside my grandparents, their face was blurred.