S1 • True lions # 9.0 •

| Filling the empty spots | 3:14 am

Josh POV:

Yelling was coming from down the hall as I rolled over to my back smashing my pillow over my face. Letting out a heavy sigh as I tossed the pillow to the side leaning up. "Not this again man damn" I groaned to myself walking towards my chair grabbing my shirt.

The yelling grew louder as I opened my door walking down the hall to my step dad and my mom going at each other. She walked towards me as he slammed his beer can down. "Sorry baby, this damn man" she groaned in frustration throwing her hands up as she walked into their room.

"Oh. Oh. Oh. Yo-you pl-planning to leave Kn-Know?" He slurred pointing my way as he stumbled walking towards their room. "Tony let me go" I heard my mom yell. "Yo-you ain't going know where, you my fucking woman. That pussy mine " he yelled as I heard my mom yell again. "Fuck you looking at boy" he smirked at me as I stood by their room door. I didn't say anything as I watched my mom stuff her clothes into a bag. She looked up at me as tears started to fall from her eyes. She's been wanting out of this relationship for years.

It's writing all over her body and emotions. "Naw" he screamed out as he snatched my mom purse from her hands causing her to stumble back and fall as I charged at him pushing his chest. "Chill with your drunk ass bro" I yelled as we stood face to face. "Josh go to your room" she mumbled getting up standing between us. "You deserve better than this nigga man, I swear bro. I hate being here ma, I hate this man with a fucking passion. You've never been a father figure to me bro, you walk around this bitch with your chest out like you tough. A real man would never stand for what you stand for my dude" I bucked at him as my mom pulled me to the door.

He chuckled taking another drink from his beer as he threw the can our way hitting my mom with it as it splashed on my face. "Josh!" She yelled at me pushing me back hard into my room slamming my door locking it as I stood there with my fist balled up. "Josh!" She screamed out grabbing me as I punched a whole into the wall. "I'm so sick of this, I'm so tired" I groaned as I whipped the tears from my face. "I'm not dealing with this ma, im out. This is why my sister left ma, dealing with this man and his fucked up son is hell. That's all they've giving us your children Hell" I yelled as she grabbed me.

"Don't you think I know that josh?" She sobbed out grabbing my face. "What choice did I have baby? I couldn't do it on my own. Your father left me high and dry with two kids and a tone of debt, he was my only hope" she cried out hugging me. "I don't know what to do anymore" she mumbled between cries as she placed her face into my chest. "I need you to be somebody josh, please go be somebody important baby please" she aggressively said holding my face as her eyes starred into mine. "Don't be like your father, not that man in there. Be so more baby" she mumbled as I held her.

"Tina.." I heard my step dad yell calling for my mom. "Come on Tina open up the door" he knocked as he spoke low. "Open the fucking door" he screamed beating on the door as my mom jumped. "Leave now okay baby, just go" she mumbled as she scrambled to my closet grabbing my bag.  The room door bust open as my step dad came storming in. "You locking doors on me now?!" He groaned looking at my mom as if he wanted to hit her. "I pay the bills around this bitch, nobody lock doors in my fucking house but me you hear me" he groaned grabbing my mom by her neck. "Tony let my mom go bro" I groaned grabbing his arm unloosing his grip.

Before I knew it I felt a sharp pain in my chest as I heard my mom scream tony name. "Don't put your hands on my fucking son" she yelled as I heard her slap him. He grabbed her again slamming her against the door. "You better control that lil nigga before he meet his maker" he yelled standing face to face with my mom as I grabbed the bat that was under my bed. "Josh no" she whispered out as he held her by her throat.