S2 • Making You Mine | Part I | #6.0 •

« Shawn in the mm »
Yandel Pov:
"Shawn . . . " I mumbled pushing him back as my palm remained pressed against his chest. "I know" he mumbled grabbing my hand. "You have a boyfriend, yeah I get that, but whenever I ask you about him, the expression on your face tell me another story, happy? I think not" he said as I stood there looking at him still lost for words.

"We should head back to campus" he said as I looked around realizing we've walked a few blocks. I was so caught up in our conversations. I've been so hooked to josh, nothing else really mattered. No guys, no girls, my heart has always been his.

It felt strange being open to loving another person, Shawn kiss felt better than any kiss josh have given me. His touch was more gentle than the word it self. For once I felt wanted without a fight, I felt needed without begging. This strange feeling, felt perfect for once.

"You're awful quiet" he spoke turning his head to me. "Sorry, my mind is literally in time out right now". He gently grabbed my head kissing it before we turned down a busy street. "We all deserve a break, don't think too hard on it. No pressure pa, it's your freshman year" he smiled.

There was a crowed of people surrounding a graffiti artist as he was spray painting a white sheet that hung from a brick wall. "C'mon" he said as I was looking towards what was going on as he was talking. "You seem more interested in that, but it's cool" he mumbled as we walked over.

The picture was acutely coming out really good. He painted a peace and LGBT illustration. It was a mixture of the BLM movement and ALM movement, equal peace. "It's beautiful" I said as the girl next to me agreed. "It truly is" she added on. "Just like you" Shawn said loud enough for the people around us to hear.

I slightly blush stepping back. "I wasn't trying to. . My bad, I was just caught in the moment" he said as I shook it off. "No, it's okay, I'm just use too, never mind its stupid. You're fine" I said bitting my lip.

"This josh guy really didn't show you much" he said as I turned towards him. "What makes you think that?" I asked as he chuckled. "You have a good heart Yandel, I don't care who I'm around, if you're mine, you'll be shown off to the world" he said as I smiled.

"You're not use to the treatment and it's understandable. You're dating a boy, you deserve a man, seriously" he said as I watched his curls blow in the wind. "That's what they say, wine and dine you until they get you, it won't work here bud" I said shrugging.

"That's what you thinking I'm doing?" He asked as he nodded his head crossing the street before me. "Shawn. . " semi-groaned out running up to him. "I'm just saying, you don't have to pitty me to get me to like you" I said as he shook his head.

"You don't get it" he mumbled as he were approaching the campus. "What don't I get ?" I asked as he stopped and turned around looking at me. "This isn't a game for me, I get it, you're young, what you're eighteen, only been with one guy, you're not as experienced. You're scared" he said as I felt my mood and emotions shifting.

"I am scared, I'm just unsure about a lot right now. It's not that simple for me Shawn" I said as he chuckled. "So I'm basically wasting my time right?" He asked as I sighed. "I don't know Shawn. . " from his facial expressions I knew he didn't what to hear that.

"Shawn wait" I said walking up to his as we turned towards the parking garage. "It's not easy for me to just drop everything, it doesn't work like that" I said as he shook his head. "It's simple" he said walking off again. I walked up to him stopping him.

"Shawn you're asking me to throw away all I know. Four years Shawn, he's all I know" I semi-yelled as my emotions started to bubble up. I dried my face taking a deep breath. "How do I let go the only man I've ever loved?" I asked as he just starred into my eyes.

"I've given him all of me Shawn, sometimes I feel I can't breathe without him, I figured we would get married, have a family, grow old together. I gave him my man hood, something I can never get back. How do I move on from that because I don't know how" I said as he rubbed my tears away with his thumb.

"By letting me in" he mumbled as we stood blocked off under the stairway. "You have to follow your heart Yandel, never let someone else control your destiny pa. You're worthy of your happiness you do know that?" He asked as I just looked at him.

"Your tears don't make you less of a man, they show you're human. You've been fighting this battle alone, I'm not sure for how long, but this is a fresh start, make these next four years worth something, what is that Yandel wants to do?" He asked me as I put my head down.

"What is it?" He asked me again. "Bring joy to others I guess" I said as he chuckled grabbing my face. "You're bringing joy to me and how does that make you feel?" He asked. "Gay" I said as we both laughed.

"Than let's feel gay, I'll be gay for you, I want to wake up to that smile? And kiss those soft lips everyday before and after class, and I'm telling you now I'm not stopping until that happens" he said as we started back walking.

"Remember, make these four years count. That's the goal" he said before we parted ways. I walked up into my door building heading up to my room. Mike was there with Le'roy and Jeremiah talking loud as usual.

"Welcome back" mike said glaring at me. "Just enjoying the day" I said walking over taking a seat. "I see you're kicking it with the upper classmans already" Jeremiah said looking at me.

"Shawn is the perfect guy, he got all the hoes" Jeremiah added on. "You always think you know somebody" I smirked. "I mean I have my connection here, just like I knew who josh was" he said pretending to sip tea.

"You know what Jeremiah, I'm about sick of your shit. You've been at my neck since we met. If you got an issue address the shit now or shut the fuck up talking to me" I said leaning towards him as Le'roy and mike stepped back.

"At your neck? Nigga I haven't did shit to you yet, I'm just saying watch who you talking too. Ain't nobody worried about you to be honest, I can give zero fucks about who you with or who you doing bruh" he spat back.

"Than stay the fuck out my business, and stay out of my way. I'm the last nigga you want to bump heads with Jeremiah. I've been playing this game real cool with you bruh, but keep up and watch how I handle your ass" I said getting up walking pass him.

"Ooooo kayyyy, so it's getting late and you know, maybe we should go to our own dorms you know. Relax, smoke some, whatever eases the brain" I heard mike say as Jeremiah got up walking out.

"I'll see y'all boys later" le'roy said nodding at us as mike looked at me as the door closed. "Are you crazy ?" He asked as I looked at him. "You do know he has connection all Around this school, homie got status" mike said as I gave him a dirt look.

"I don't care, I've never had to depend on someone to get me somewhere. That's why he walk around here like he own the place, connect these nuts to his mouth" I shrugged as mike smiled at me. "I like this side of you, nigga got heart cuz" he joked slightly making me laugh.

"You've been a little frustrated later, you need to go get you some" he said walking out the kitchen. "That's what I got you for" I said as he choked on his water. "Chill with all that, but go relax, you owe Jeremiah an apology too, you might not see it now but think about it". He said

    "At the end of the day, we're all brothers and we all have to stick together. We're stuck with each other for four years. Let's not start the semester off negative. Jeremiah can be a handful, but he didn't have the best life too yan" he said.

   "It's all love between us, we all want to win you know. We grew up with freedom he didn't, just remember that, give him a chance okay?" He asked as I sighed. "Yan?" He called out. "I'll  talk to him" I said smirking walking into my room.