• S3 | Unfolding Truth | #5.0

Yandel Pov:

Once the front door closed i waited for a while as I got up from my seat. Josh grabbed my hand as I was heading towards my parents room. "What are you doing?" He asked already knowing the answer. "Yandel that's how you got put in this situation, digging for dirt, you might find something you don't want to find baby. Listen" he said pulling me towards him.

"I know this feel is scary, but trust your gut please. I'll hate for this to turn out dangerous" he said holding my face with both hands. "Josh I have too, you don't understand, I'm prepared for whatever happens. You gotta trust me on this one okay?" I stated as he did this face. He didn't like the idea, but he knew I was right as he let me go.

Anxiety covered my body as I approached the door. The door was locked as I tried turning it a few times. "Shit" I mumbled to myself. Josh was standing in the center of the living room as I turned back down the hall. "Did you find anything?" He asked nervously. "Yeah a locked door" I annoyingly said walking towards my room.

"Just think, everything happens for a reason rightttt" he winked as I stale faced him. "Josh this is my life you do know that right? No games, this isn't a lifetime movie but my fucking life" I semi-yelled. "Bring it back down before I end your life. I know that baby, I'm just keeping the mood light because I don't have family, and if I lose you I won't have anyone so I'm doing what keeps my nerves calm" he said as I sighed walking over to him.

"You're right baby" his cheeks felt warm as my thumb caressed them. "Just bare with me through this, and thank you for coming back with me. I love you Joshua, seriously. I wouldn't do anything to ruin this second chance. I do want you to prepare for the worst" I said before kissing him. "We might have to escape out of here by the end of summer" I laughed as he gave me a straight face.

"Gesh, joking here" I stated as he smirked. "You know I'm not with all that crazy stuff, my life isn't much, but I don't plan on dying no time soon homie" he nervously laughed giving me that 'nigga chill' look.

We headed out going to my grandparents house. I knew they would be happy to see me as I noticed both cars in the driveway. Josh got out the car before me as I took my time for everything. Since Marian told me this stuff about my life everything around me seemed different. I noticed things about the house that I've over looked in the past.

"He's here" my grandma screamed out as she opened the door hugging josh first. I watched as he walked in approaching my grandfather. "We've missed you" she mumbled as her hands where wrapped around my neck. "Ahh, I miss your scent papa, look at you, you've gain some weight. That freshman nine" she said as we walked into the house.

"Wow, I see somethings have changed" I mumble looking around to a more modern style home. It was sorta unrealistic as we walked into the living room. "Would you like some tea?" a woman ask as she dressed in an all black dress with a white Capp wrapped around her waist. "Sure...." I paused as my grandmother rubbed my arm. "Just a little help around the house that's all. We're getting old" she said as I thought about it.

She could be telling the truth or they came into a bonus after sending me to school. " y'all Caucasian living now. Fancy" I said sitting in the living room as my grandfather had this whole new demeanor. "Look at you" I said as he sat in a royal red suede rob. "You know, slight work" he said sipping his tea as we laughed.

"How's school? The program? College life?" He asked as my grandmother stood behind him. It was sorta like one of those pictures you walk pass in the museum. Strange. "College is great, the program is going really amazing, life is good" I said lying about the life part. "I hear you have a new doctor?" He asked looking at me. "Huh? What you mean?" I nervously asked as my mom looked at me. "You went to the doctor out there? What happen?" She asked as my grandfather patted her leg as she sat back.