S1 • Love don't Play Fair #8.0 •

| 9:30 AM | April 15 

                                | Senior Parent meet

| Finding your Truth . .

"You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you."

                       -Isaiah 26:3

______________________________
YANDEL POV :

"Everyone is seated, you take stage in five" the stage director said patting my back as I stood standing on a step-stool. My suit was being altered, just a last minute touch up. "Already now" the man said as I stepped down walking towards the mirror. "Zamn zaddy" I heard one of my friends joke as she stood next to me putting on her lipstick. "Just wanted to say thank you for all you've done for us this school year Mr. president" she mumbled smiling at me as the director waved me over. "Lets go, show time" he screamed out.

I watched as the rest of the student body walked out taking their seat next to their parents as I glanced through the curtains to my parents sitting on the  first row. Seems as my heart was ready to beat from my chest onto the ground. Stepping back closing my eyes as I sighed thinking about my future. "This should be a walk in the park for you" the assistant principal said as the curtains departed for me. I winked at her as I proudly walked out. I looked out to the students and their parents as everybody clapped.

The room was filled with body's and bright smiles. Their clapping echoed through the music theater as it slowly died down.
"Welcome parents and my fellow classmans, our last senior parent night before we step foot into our future. Where our path is no-longer controlled by our parents decisions, but our-own. A journey they've prepared us for since head-start has arrived"  I spoke as the students rooted and screamed. "This isn't a day to say good bye to each other but a day to congratulate one-another"

"We've pulled through as a whole, rather it was from drama or even working together as a class helping Katrina victims, you guys have shined in ways that will never go missed. I've stood in our class presidency for four years now" I said pausing. "Four years, you guy have put faith in me to lead a class of seven-hundred. I am beyond grateful" I said. My class stood to their feet clapping and cheering before I could finish. That made me smile so hard, as I glanced down to my mom almost in tears as my dad had his hands cuffed around her.

"I won't stand here and talk for too long, but what I will do is acknowledge the strength that you guys have, each and every one of you. Take what you've learned and please apply it. Our world faith is held in our hands, we must guide ourselves to achieve the highest power. And most of all, thank your parents for all they've done to get you here, a few of us didn't grow up with our parents. I said as my dad eyes locked on me.

"it's been sixteen years since I've seen my parents" I said as I took a deep swallow looking down at them as my eyes water. "But I have them here with me now and that's all I've ever wanted as a child, and now as a man" I said as my mother stood up. "No matter how the world look at you guys, I love you both and y'all are the reason I'm the man I am today, thank you" I said as everybody stood and clapped. I even noticed a few parents hugging their child as I walked down from the stage.

"Wasn't that amazing? Another applaud for that Yandel, you've achieved what a lot of students wanted. You're a bright young man, strong and you stand with pride. You're class have something for you so come back up" she said as I slowly walked back up standing there.  Josh approached the stage grabbing the mic as he held a wooden gold trim frame in his hand. "From your class but mainly me" she said as everybody laughed. "We horn you with the student body award for pushing us and guiding us to where we are now, we wanted you to know that we listened" he said as they all laughed.