Chapter 45 - Ministry Falling

Start from the beginning

"That clears it up." Ron said sarcastically. "We are back to knowing nothing now." They were so deep in conversation that Harry didn't realise that he got a letter too!

"It's from Ginny!" Harry said excited, ripping it open at once.

Dear Harry,

I got in!! The trails are over and I'm officially on the team now!

How is everything over there? Is Ron still getting those creepy fan mail?

Things are going great over here, I only wish you could be here with me.....I've enclosed a picture of my new team.

Harry immediately pulled out the picture from the envelope and smiled. Ginny stood next to Gwenog Jones, they seemed to be getting along better too as they waved to the camera together holding up a giant banner that read "Holyhead Harpies"

There are times I just want to drop everything and come to Hogwarts again. But mostly I want to stay. Why don't you come here for a visit during the Christmas holidays? I can't bare to spend this Christmas alone. Especially after everything we have been through.

P.S: How is out team at Hogwarts. It's a shame I didn't get to Captain them but I'm sure you will do a better job.

Harry's heart soared, he liked the idea of meeting Ginny for Christmas. After everything they had been through, Harry couldn't think of anyone who deserved to have their dreams come true more than Ginny. He was just about to tell Ron and Hermione when he realised they weren't sitting next to him anymore, they were leaning over to Seamus and Dean.

"What's going on?" Harry asked as he approached the group. Hermione looked up with worry etched on her face. "The ministry...." she said pointing at the daily prophet in Dean's hands.

Harry looked at the paper and his jaw dropped. The Front page was mostly taken up by a picture of Kingsley talking seriously to a few other wizards. Some of them appeared to have been injured. The title of the article read

"MINISTRY RAIDS GO DANGEROUSLY AWRY"

"Apparently the ministry has been raiding homes in London looking for Nicolas Flamel and someone died." Hermione told Harry.

"What?" Harry said, shocked. Ever since the war ended, Harry never bothered to renew his subscription of the daily prophet. This was because he got all his news, well in advance from the minister himself. Lately however, Kingsley has been sending him fewer owls and none had anything to do with Nicolas Flamel.

Although Harry had been very disappointed about the lack of information from Kingsley, he had been distracted with the Flamel's followers in Hogwarts.

Harry looked down at the article and began to read:

Over the last few weeks, Ministry officials have been making unannounced visits to wizards residence all over London. Houses were busted into, residents interrogated and even a few were arrested. On enquiry, the ministry has failed to provide us with reasons for the arrests causing a stir in the wizarding community.

The latest raid, lead by the minister for magic himself, proved to be the most scandalous as one of the ministry officials cracked which set off an exchange of hexes and curses between the residents of and the group of inexperienced Ministry wizards, killing 86 year old Robert Gentry in his own home right in front of his Son and daughter.

No word yet from the ministry on the incident but Gentry's children, Robert jr and Callie Gentry have appealed to have the ministry officials sacked and a public inquiry being made. However since the minister for magic's personal involvement, this seems most unlikely.

"This is...." Harry said looking up from the paper, completely lost for words.

"I know." Ron said "Wonder why Kingsley didn't tell us about the raids."

"This is bad!" Dean said "Ever since the war, the ministry's reputation has gone down the drain. There is a lot of mistrust between the wizarding community and the ministry."

"Yes and with scandals like this the ministry will surely fall and the risk of wizards being exposed is high." Seamus said.

Harry looked back at the paper where Kingsley was shouting instructions at the ministry officials. He looked very tensed.

"I think you need to talk to Kingsley." Hermione said. "You might need to make a public statement about this."

"Me?" Harry said surprised.

"Yes. Right now 'The boy who lived' 'The chosen one' is what they need. If you show your support then they might come to trust the ministry again." Hermione explained. "I don't know why Kingsley didn't come to you before but this is the most logical thing to do."

"He did." Harry said suddenly recalling the night of his birthday. "When he offered us a position in the Auror department even though we weren't fully qualified. Now I know why."

The five of them sat in complete silence until nearly headless nick floated towards them and began talking excitedly about the Quidditch rematch they had with Ravenclaw that weekend.

*******

Is Kingsley messing up? Will Harry Ron and Hermione be able to save the ministry from completely falling?

What do you think about Lisa Conner? Any theories about what she is up to?

I was planning to split this into a series, but not 7 like JKR (my soul isn't strong enough for that)
I would probably do 3 (max) what do you think??
👍🏾 or 👎🏾?

For Hinny fans, you might get to see Ginny again in this book. I somehow like the idea of venturing out of Hogwarts to experience something new....

Don't forget to Vote. Comment. Follow.

❤️❤️