Chapter 45 - Ministry Falling

Harry, Ron and Hermione were halfway through breakfast in the Great Hall when Neville came rushing into the great hall and sat next to Harry.

"Waazzup!" Ron said after swallowing his toast. Neville caught his breath before leaning forward and spoke in a low voice.

"The DA needs to meet tonight, I'll explain everything at the meeting. Meet me at the seventh floor corridor after dinner tonight."

"If you are taking about the room of requirement, it does not exist anymore! It was destroyed." Harry said.

"I know but I can't explain now but just meet me there." Neville said urgently before grabbing the last piece of toast from Ron's plate and rushing out of the Great hall.

"Wonder what's with him." Ron said frowning at his now empty plate. As the owl post arrived and various  owls of shapes, sizes and colours swooped in.

"Oh no!" Hermione sighed as one of the grey owls swooped down and dropped a sickly pink note on Ron's empty plate. Ron threw her an guilty look before picking it up and opening it.

My dearest Ronald,

How I wish I could be there with you when  you got hurt playing Quidditch. The rains that day was strange and terrifying and ruined what was an exciting match between the two strongest teams.

I hope you have recovered completely and will be able to play next weekend.

Yours unconditionally,
Lisa Conner

P.S: I was hoping to hear back from you, I sincerely hope my Identity has not affected our relationship.

Ron looked up from his letter, lost for words.

"Do not reply to her." Hermione said sternly to him. Ron nodded and looked back at the letter giving it a little sniff before he exclaimed "Its scented too!"

Hermione ignored this as she watched Dean unwrap his copy of the Daily Prophet as she sipped her pumpkin juice.

"She seems awfully interested in the match. So unusual." Ron added, his ears turning as pink as the letter.

Hermione frowned finally turning towards him to throw a dirty look at the letter but this time she looked different. "You are absolutely right, Ron." She said her face suddenly clearing up. Ron immediately looked up at her in surprise. "I am?" He asked confused.

"This letter is very strange. For the first time she talks about herself. Things that interest her like Quidditch." Hermione explained.

"But this isn't the first match we have had this year, or didn't she know about our crushing defeat against Hufflepuff?" Harry said.

"Probably because I wasn't on the team." Ron said casually playing with the crumbs on his plate, his ears still pink.

"Or...." Hermione said rolling her eyes. "There is something else about this match that got her interested."

Harry and Ron looked at each other clearly not sure what she was talking about.

"Ravenclaw! She must have been a Ravenclaw student and cannot decide if she wants her house to win or Ron!" Hermione explained patiently.

"That would mean she is a student here." Ron said with a small laugh. When Hermione glared at him for being so slow, he nervously looked around as though expecting to find Lisa Conner watching him. "That would definitely explain how she knows so much of what's going on here."

"If this Lisa Conner is in Hogwarts, then surely Terrence would have recognised her." Harry said. "He is after all her brother."

"Then either Terrence lied about his sister being dead or Lisa is not who she says she is. We can't trust either of them anyways." Hermione said in a manner of factly.