Chapter 41 - Gryffindor vs Ravenclaw

It was time for another Quidditch match. This week it was Gryffindor vs Ravenclaw.

Harry was automatically reinstated as captain when Ginny left and had immediately held tryouts to pick out his new team members. He was feeling pretty confident with his choices especially since Ron made it in the team with ease.

It was truly a spectacular performance by Ron who not only stopped every quaffle, but also caught it with style and a strange new confidence that they had never seen before.

But there was no time to celebrate as the Gryffindor team had to work extra hard to try and catch up points they had lost during the previous match that they had lost so miserably.

"Beaters need to keep the other team from scoring as much as possible. We need to be 80 points ahead of we want a chance at getting the cup." Harry lectured one evening after a practice. "Try to distract their seeker too!"

"That's going to be tough. They are a powerful team and we have a lot to catch-up to" One of the beaters said "we lost to them miserably last year." everyone else murmured in agreement. Nobody looked very confident. Harry sighed, knowing he needed to boost their confidence a little more.

"There was a time in my third year when we fell behind 50 points." Harry explained. "Oliver Wood, my captain at the time made it happen. I believe our team can do it again. I have chosen the very best of the best." At this most of the team relaxed but the beater spoke up nervously again. "That was 50 points. We need 80!"

"We can do it." Ron piped up, getting to his feet and puffing his chest. He turned to face the team and said "just believe in yourself."

They all got to their feet and cried "we can do it" thrusting their fists into the air and cheered before dispersing back to the castle.

"What's gotten into you today?" Harry asked Ron as they walked back to the castle in the dark.

"Nothing!" Ron said.

"You seem really cheerful lately." Harry said looking carefully at Ron's expression.

"Since when is that a bad thing?" Ron laughed not looking at Harry.

"It's just unexpected, that's all." Harry said still watching Ron avoid his eye. "Considering all that's been happening, I didn't think there was anything to be so cheerful about."

Suddenly Ron stopped dead in his tracks. Harry stopped too.

"Does this have something to do with Lisa Conner?" Harry asked him seriously when he didn't reply.

Ron however wasn't paying attention. "Look! Over there!" He exclaimed pointing towards the forbiddin forest.

Harry turned around just in time to see a familiar thin, tall figure disappear into the forest. It was Terrence.

"This is the second time he is out of the castle after hours." Harry said with a frown suddenly forgetting his conversation with Ron.

"Let's follow him." Ron said walking towards the forest. Harry hesitated a moment before following suit.

They quickly caught up with Terrence and mounted their brooms to hide between the trees. They followed him for what felt like hours before he finally stopped and began digging a hole under a tree. They couldn't see what he did before he filled the hole back with the mud. Then he casually began to walk back to the castle.

Harry and Ron exchanged confused glances before they landed at the spot. Where Terrence was.

"Keep a lookout. I will find out what is buried here." Harry said and Ron nodded.