Chapter 15 - Power of Pansy

Hermione surprised herself when she walked out of the Great hall telling Ron she dint want to be with him anymore.

She dint mean to say it but she was so hurt that Ron went behind her back to write to his fan. She ran to the one place she could go to whenever she felt upset or needed answers. The Hogwarts library.

What was even more surprising was that Draco Malfoy had followed her out of the Great hall to ask her if she was ok.

She remembered the last time they saw each other he had his face glued to Pansy Parkinson. She went red in the face. "Nothing to concern yourself with." She said coldly turning away and marched into the library.

What is going on? Malfoy has become so caring and Ron was neglecting her? Was this a parallel universe she entered into?

Suddenly Hermione heard a high pitched sing-song voice singing "Draco..." and groaned. Pansy was back.

Without bothering to turn around and see her kissing Malfoy again, Hermione marched down the rows of books in search of the one she needed.

"Numerology and Grammatica." Hermione muttered to herself as she passed her finger through rows of books. She repeated the title out loud as she searched so that she would not think about Ron and Malfoy.

"Looking for Numerology and Grammatica, dear?" asked Madam Prince, the librarian who had been standing behind her.

"Yes please."

"Try the next section, dear." Madam prince said pointing at the next row.

As Hermione moved to the next row she could not help but glance at the entrance to the library where Malfoy was with Pansy. Pansy and Hermione locked eyes immediately and Hermione went red.

"Ugh, that mudbood is here again." She sighed loud enough for Hermione to hear.

Hermione was surprised to see how Malfoy reacted. He pulled his hand out of her grip and grabbed both her shoulders and growled "Enough! Don't use that filthy word again."

Pansy looked embarrassed and ran away because several people came forward to see what was happening. Malfoy just stood there.

Without thinking twice about her decision, Hermione nervously grabbed the nearest book and walked towards Malfoy hugging the book to her chest, realising too late that the book was too heavy.

"Walk with me." She said as she walked out of the library. Malfoy stool stunned for a moment and then walked quickly to catchup with her.

Malfoy's heart was beating hard. He was walking alone with Hermione Granger and it had nothing to do with homework. The topic of conversation was open to anything and that was difficult.

There was silence for a while which was broken by Hermione.

"Pansy is..." Hermione started, not sure what to say m, she had been desperate to break the silence.

"Yea." Malfoy said looking at her. "I'm sorry you heard that."

Hermione shook her head. "I have heard worse." She said "by you in fact."

Malfoy went red in the face. He shifted his gaze to his feet. "I know. I'm sorry about that too."

"I know." She replied and there was silence again but this time the silence was more comfortable. They had stopped in front of a window overlooking the dark forest.

Hermione put the heavy book on the windowsill in relief.

"Guide to all magical warts?" Malfoy said reading out the title of the book. Hermione went red.

"I picked it up by mistake." She said laughing nervously and Malfoy laughed with her. Smiles plastered on their faces they turned to look outside the window.

They could see smoke coming out of the chimney in Hagrid's hut and then the line of trees marking the beginning of the forest.

"I'm not the same anymore." Malfoy said suddenly. "Just so you know."

"I do know." Hermione said smiling gently. "You wouldn't be talking to me if you didn't." Malfoy turned a darker shade of red. He opened his mouth to say something but he couldn't think of anything to defend himself so he closed it again.

"It's ok. It was a different time and that's all you knew." Hermione said. "Change can happen at any time, as long as you change for the good."

Malfoy nodded.

"I have changed. But I can't say I'm good now because I am still trying." He said.

"Trying is enough." Hermione said putting a hand on his shoulder comfortingly.

Malfoy felt electricity pass from the touch of her hand onto his shoulder and spread to the rest of  his body.

Suddenly he was very conscious of how open and vulnerable he was. He never felt this way before and it made him uncomfortable. He wanted to run away but was afraid he would never get to be with Hermione alone again .

"Malfoy." Hermione said, sensing a change in his body language. Saying his name made him turn and look at her straight into her eyes.

Her eyes were shone bright like the sun and gave him hope. He leaned closer to Hermione, heart racing faster than ever.

Kiss Hermione Granger!
Kiss the mudbood!

The thought went through him like a knife. He hated himself for thinking it. He froze and looked at Hermione's confused face and then turned around and went sprinting down the hall.

Hermione stood by the window confused, wondering if she said something to upset him.

*******

Malfoy ran away from Hermione as fast as he could. He called her a mudbood or did he just think it?

He was so upset that he called her a mudbood even though it was in his head that he ran before he could say something and ruin his relationship with the one person who knew him and was still being nice to him.

Everyone in Hogwarts was either on the good side or death eater supporter, there was no in between. Malfoy was not sure if he is good but he is sure he is not a death eater supporter anymore. Openly declaring his change might make it welcomed back into society but that also means he would put his family in danger from death eater supporters.

Malfoy went back to his dormitory and tried to pull himself together. He needed to apologise to Pansy. She definitely held the power now.

*******

Hey all!!

Hope you like the chapter name😂 I thought it sounded a lot cooler than Pansy herself... 😅

Malfoy is stuck between the good and the bad side. Will Hermione be able to help him come to the good side or will he fall back to Pansy.

Poor Hermione ..... Boys is not something she could understand by reading books.

Hope you enjoyed reading this chapter.

Vote. Comment. Follow.
<3<3