Chapter 14 - The other 'Conner'

"What do you want." Terrence asked. He looked surprised when Harry and Ron suddenly came over to him to talk.

"Privately." Harry repeated. Ron stood beside him with a grim look on his face.

With a sigh, Terrence got up and they left the Great hall.

"What is this about?" Terrence asked again as they entered an empty classroom.

"That is what I would like to know." Harry said, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

"I don't know what you are talking about." Terrence said innocently.

"Come off it!" Ron busted out. "Why do you keep staring at us."

Terrence laughed. "Being famous make you paranoid I guess." Ron's ears went red.

"Who is Lisa conner?" Ron said.

The look on Terrence's face changed completely. He looked like an older boy who was very miserable.

"What's it to you." He asked.

Ron pulled out the envelop he received that morning from the snowy white owl and gave it to Terrence.

My dearest Ron,

I'm so glad you wrote back. I was afraid I was too forward when I sent you my collection of newspaper clippings. I know I have not introduced myself to you yet. I am Lisa Conner and you saved my life along with the rest of the wizarding world.

I don't know how else to thank you except to send you these gifts, I hope you like them, especially the Horn of Garuna. It took me a long time to find such a beauty and I could think of no one more deserving than you.

If I can ever be of service to you in any way don't forget I am only an owl away.

Lots of love,
Lisa Conner

"Lisa Conner" Terrence read out again, eyes fixed on the paper. "But that's not possible."

"Who is she." Harry asked.

"My sister." Terrence said "She died last year."

Harry and Ron looked at each other more confused than ever, not sure what to say next.

"So how could she have sent this?" Ron asked.

"She can't have! she is dead, we had a funeral and everything!!" Terrence said.

"Maybe she faked her death?" Ron suggested turning to Harry.

"Maybe. But that still does not explain what she wants with you." Harry said thinking hard.

"She is dead." Terrence said firmly.

"How can you be sure." Ron asked a little too forcefully.

"I saw her die." Terrence blurted out angrily. All the emotions he had been trying to hide away since his mother died came flooding back and he slammed his hand in the table to stop himself from crying.

"Why would anyone write a letter pretending to be your sister?" said Ron. Terrence shook his head, looking at the floor.

"Do you have any enemies?" Harry asked and Terrence shook his head again.

"How did your sister die?" Ron said suddenly. Terrence did not answer immediately. He began to pace the room.

"She was sick. An illness took her." He answered.

"I'm so sorry." Harry said softly. Then there was silence for a while, each one figuring out what to say next.

"Malfoy." Terrence said suddenly.