Chapter 5 - Birthday

Ron and Hermione sent their replies, confirming their attendance to Hogwarts. Harry took a little while longer and addressed it directly to McGonagall. He took his time, re-reading the letter until his mind became unfocused and only random sentences flashed in his mind, like,
-Congratulations on becoming Headmistress.-
-Things at Hogwarts has changed but will it still be the same?-
-considering coming back to Hogwarts.-
-security-
-identity- 

Finally he put it down and rubbed his temples. His scar did not hurt since he defeated Voldamort but now he got regular headaches.

He tied the letter to Errol, the Weasley family owl and sent him off.

Sighing, Harry went to bed. It was nearly midnight. Harry watched the clock on his bedside table tick until the needle moved to 12. It was now his birthday.

Harry thought about his 11th birthday. How he was sleeping on the cold floor of a cabin. It was raining heavily. At the stroke of midnight there was a loud bang. Hagrid had come to tell him he was a wizard.
That had been one of his favourite memories. Smiling to himself he finally fell asleep.

*******

"Happy birthday Harry"

Harry woke to find a grinning Ginny sitting beside him. She bent over to give him a kiss. This was a special birthday kiss, Harry wasn't sure if he was dreaming until she pulled away.

"You better get ready, everyone is waiting for you downstairs." She said, her face bright and her flaming red hair framing her face.

Harry got dressed quickly and went downstairs. Everyone was seated at the table. Molly and Ginny were fussing over something in the kitchen and George seemed to be helping them.

"He's here." Ginny told her mother, who jumped and scrambled to get everything ready.

"Happy birthday Harry!" Charlie said, throwing him a present.

"Happy birthday mate!" Ron said, throwing him a punch on his arm, grinning.

Everyone took turns to give him a hug or shake his hand and give him his present. Then Molly was ready.

With a Ta-da reaction from Ginny and George, Molly set down his birthday cake in the table. It was a magically frosted cake shaped like Hogwarts. The lights of the frosting Windows would turn off and on to create the illusion that it was real.

Harry felt a pang of guilt when he thought about Hogwarts. He always felt at home in Hogwarts, but now he wasn't sure what he felt. Nevertheless he thanked Molly who pulled him into a bear hug.

"I just this would be fitting since the three of you will be going back to Hogwarts this year." She said, smiling.

"It's perfect Mrs Weasley, thank you!" Harry said.

As they were finishing up breakfast, the post arrived. The owl dropped a letter for Molly, who ripped it open immediately.

"Oh good! Andromeda is joining us for dinner and she is bringing little Teddy." Molly said happily.

Tonks and Lupin's baby, Ted, stayed with his grandmother. They had mutually decided that was best for baby Teddy. Harry couldn't wait to see him again. Perhaps after he got his N.E.W.T.S he would take full responsibility for Teddy and they could live in Ottery Bay.