Chapter 42 - Secrets In The Forest

Gryffindor suddenly found itself in the lead by 30 points. This was a dramatic change since they were tied at zero points with Ravenclaw.

The crowd was cheering but Harry didn't feel too happy. Although it's the chasers job to score, Carter has been the only one to score since he arrived. The commentator was quick to notice this and remarked that Carter was the reason Gryffindor was in the lead.

Out of nowhere Harry felt something hard slam onto his back. It felt like a bludger but did not knock him off his broom.

Harry was so distracted by this that he didn't notice the snitch and the Ravenclaw seeker began to chase it. Panicking, Harry zoomed towards the other seeker, desperate not to let the team down. Thankfully through the thick rains, they both lost the snitch. Durning this time Gryffindor scored twice.

They were now 50 points in the lead. 30 more and it would be safe to catch the snitch or else the next match would be difficult.

"GRYFFINDOR KEEPER SIMPLY LET THE QUAFFLE IN, 10 POINTS TO RAVENCLAW." The commentator roared. Harry sped to the goalposts in horror to see Ron hunched near the left goal, leaving the other two unprotected.

Harry grabbed Ron's limp body and with the help of other chasers they set him on the ground. Madam Hootch whistled to stop the game and came running onto the pitch to see what was wrong.

"Gryffindor players are mysteriously getting sick or injured." The commentator said in a fake hushed tone for dramatic effect as the crowd leaned in to see what was happening on the pitch.

"Is he ok?" Harry asked Madam Hootch desperately. She didn't respond immediately but tried a few spells to wake him up. Ron stirred but his eyes remained shut.

"He needs to go to the hospital wing." Came a voice from behind. It was Hermione rushing towards them, she looked disheveled and soaked in the rain and mud but she didn't take her eyes off Ron.

Conjuring another stretcher, Madam Hootch and Hermione escorted Ron off the pitch. Hermione held up her wand to create a transparent umbrella to stop the rain falling on Ron anymore looking at him with a worried expression.

"I think it's best we continue the game when the weather clears up. Although I have seen matches play under worse conditions, I cannot put my students at risk." McGonagal said to the players on the pitch. With that Harry grabbed his and Ron's broom and rushed to the hospital wing.

"Harry!" Came a voice from behind. It was Neville, jogging to keep up with Harry. He was still dripping from the rain and was covered in mud. "Is Ron ok?"

"Donno." Harry replied "I'm going to the hospital wing to see him now."

"What happened to you?" Harry asked, eyeing Neville from head to toe.

"Hermione didn't tell you?" Neville asked looking surprised.

"We didn't have time to talk." Harry said picking up his pace.

"We weren't at the game. Hermione and I followed Terrence into the forbidden forest." Neville said.

"What?!" Harry said stopping in his tracks.

"There were death eaters within Hogwarts grounds. I saw them with my own eyes." Neville said.

"What did they do?" Harry asked.

"Nothing. They spoke for a while before they disapparated." Neville said.

"That's it?" Harry said frowning. "They didn't do anything?" Neville shook his head.