Chapter 24

~still on their period~

"Let's go shopping! I need more clothes!" Rydel whined, rushing down the stairs. The truth is her closet is full. So full until not a ant can fit in there. Its a miracle how Stormie is able to put in freshly washed clothes into it.

"But I don't feel like it. Plus it's boring there." Ratliff replied, more concentrated on his phone.

"Don't worry. You won't be alone." Rydel said innocently smiling "The whole family is coming." 

She kept quiet for a while and glared at them,"Whether you like it or not." Everyone groaned. Just then there was a footsteps. "Count us in!" The three girls shouted, already ready with their bags and purses, containing fat wads of money.

"Neh!" The boys said flatly, more focused in their video games. "You guys go ahead. Don't wait for us."

Rydel crossed her arms, walking dangerously towards them. Intimidate, they put down their game controller and watched her every move, prepared to defend themselves with the pillows on the couch.

She started growling like a lion from The Lion King, resulting in the boys lifting the pillow in their hands over their heads. There was only one thought going through their minds. Please don't kill us. Please don't kill us. If you must, kill Rocky

As though he understood what the rest were thinking, he shot each of them a death glare but the glare immediately faded once it laid on Rydel. The rest of girls started joining her. Each of them looking like volcano which were erupting larva any moment.

Just then, Stormie walked past, carrying a basket full of dirty laundry. Instantaneously, the boys did their best puppy dog eyes and pleaded her like she was the only hope of their survival. 

Stormie looked at her terrified sons and evil looking daughters and knew best to not get involved which would only have put her in hot soup. She smiled innocently at all of them, waving what looks like might be  her last wave to the boys before their 'death'.

Their hope was gone. What could they do other than to give in to the girls and follow them through 'hell' also known as the shopping mall with the Lynch family around.

Building up their courage, Riker, being the oldest, stood up for his younger siblings, standing between their childish fight, and stammered," We'll... We'll do any... anythi...ng. Just... spare our... our lives would you?"

The devil slowly turned into angels and all of them smiled broadly. "What are you waiting for? Christmas? Let's Go!" Vanessa exclaimed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How much longer?" Rocky cried. They had been the girls slaves for at least an hour but the cloak must be thinking must more slowly than usual. Each of them had at least four bags of clothes on each of their arms. Ratliff had the most due to the fact he was helping Rydel with her shopping bags. The bags on his arms were so full and heavy that they must have cut of his blood circulation to his arms.

The girls had the best times. They walked in and out of shops. coming out with at least two new bags of item with them. It was the most  painful for Riker, Ratliff and Ross and they had reluctantly given the girls their wallets, allowing them to spend using their are earned savings.

"Hey Ross! What do you think of this?" Laura exclaimed coming out of the changing room, wearing a rosy mermaid cut satin gown, running her hands down the smooth, glossy fabric.

He was speechless. The dress hugged her body perfectly, making her look like a princess. His eyes was glued to her like super glue as she spun around in a circle, revealing a little cut outs at the back for her dress, adding more design to it.

"So what do you think?" Laura asked, curious to know what he thought about the dress.

He immediately went back to reality and realised he had been drooling, made obvious by the dried saliva on his face. He quickly whipped it off with his arm, making a quick prayer that Laura  or no one else noticed it. "Yeah! It gorgeous on you." He said, a little too loudly. "How much is it?" he asked after calming himself down

"Oh! Just a $162 only. What a snatch right?" She said after coming out from the changing room, currently taking out 200 bucks to pay for the dress.

What could poor Ross do? He couldnt tell her that she was not to get a dress which was over a hundred bucks. All he could do was just watch his hard saved money get spent.

"Why do you need that dress for?" Ross asked curiously "Don't you have enough dresses in your wardrobe?"

They walked out of the shop and Laura explained "Oh! That's for senior prom." she smile innocently at him

"But isn't senior prom like 7 months from now?" he continued to question. Laura looked at him with a are-you-serious look on her face "Yeah but I need to keep my option open. You know? So the dresses bought throughout the seven months can be an option for me to pick to wear to prom. The dress has to be perfect."

Ross shook his head. He never understood girls and most probably never.

Just then, a call from Vanessa interrupted their little conversation.

"Hey V! Why ya call?" Laura asked "Yeah we're done shopping." Hearing those words come out from Laura's mouth allowed him to heave a sigh of relieve. "Meet you at Starbucks?" She continued. "Okay. Bye!" 

She hung up the phone and held onto Ross' arm and tugged onto them. "Come on! The rest are waiting at Starbucks for us!" 

He didn't move. "Wait let me show you something first." Ross said pulling her to the opposite direction.

"Yeah but that can wait!" Laura joked. "We've gotta go! Show me later. Kay?" He reluctantly nodded and followed Laura as she texted on her phone. 

Outside Starbucks, Ross took the opportunity when Laura wasn't looking and snatched her phone out of her hands and started to make a mad dash for it.

"Hey come back with my phone!" She shouted, running after him. Both of them received stares and glare from those they had pushed out of their way. They didn't bother though. They were too busy having fun running after the other.

They ran and ran. All the way to a place where Laura has never been to.